GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't see the difference except for the length of her visit this time. Skye has been a glorified grifter more years than not. Each time she visits, Skye is after money. Outside of that, not one writer has found real use for her. I think it's really an adoration for RC and not any value of the Skye character. She was great scheming with AJ for 2 seconds (and RC made it so that I didn't notice too much how SK sucks) and her scenes with Johnny were a treat. The slapfest with Carly was great, and RC has terrific chem with LW, but there was nothing Skye did different in this visit. Nothing!

• Members
IDA. I thought she was put to great use under GW when he brought her back into the corporate ELQ fold and her story with Tracy was good. With that said, the stuff you hihglihted about now is why I thought she was great and did wonderful with everything she did. She didnt move back to PC; she came for a funeral. This was always meant to be short term, and she was used effectively for this short visit.

Back in 2010, she moved back to PC for months and did nothing noteworthy. Her "storyline" revolved around her losing the money she inherited from Lorenzo and came back to PC to get it, yet that was just a flimsy excuse as they didnt even bother to follow up with that until like 2 weeks before she exited months later. There was absolutely no reason for her to return other than she was a friend of JFP and needed a check. That was blatantly obvious

• Members

Skye on GH (and to a lesser extent, OLTL) has always been a forced character to me, shoved in by JFP while Bob Guza and others clearly had little use for her. I was so disgusted by the "I'm a Quartermaine, no really" crap. But these days I don't mind her much, and she works well as a chaos-bringer for the Qs, Tracy, A.J., etc. I could stand to have her around more.

If I didn't care so much for Skye on AMC and those roots - and didn't like Robin Christopher so much - I'd propose one final long stint and a Who Killed Skye Chandler Quartermaine murder mystery. You could bring on AMC and OLTL guests alike, and reveal her actual father. That would be pretty dynamite. Hell, do it and then say she's still alive. Why not?

Archived