GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hmm...I've always found it interesting how some television viewers (whom aren't limited to this show or this board, FYI) have zero problem blasting a show/writers/producers over the merest hint of misogyny or homophobia, yet will go above and beyond to either avoid any acknowledgment of racism or declare that any perception of such (no matter how blatant) is imaginary.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't think she was as horrible as online people made her out to be( to be fair once they paired Emily with Nick the prick and made her a saint she was ruined character) however award worthy no. She seems to have found her calling a producer now though. Her PBS documentary was good and I heard she;s working on a show for National Geographic.

• Members

I'll take your word for it re: Shawn & Alexis, as I haven't seen them interacting at all to weigh in on their relationship (or lack thereof).

That said, I definitely agree about soaps being far too quick to pair characters together, as I consider it to be a symptom of the fast-food attention span of the audience that they've been catering to since 2000.

• Members

I agree. Of course I'm grateful for the little Shawn and Alexis we got because it was garbage from the word go, but the "writers" today need to understand that the audience fell for the couples of yesteryear because of the time and commitment put into them. The obstacles they faced and the longing to be together. That is all but gone. The only obstacles today is that the other woman is pregnant. There is nothing organic anymore (except for Tarly tongue.png).

Archived