K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

I have to listen to both the Daesung and Junho singles that you posted, but I am really looking forward to them. For some reason, I am imagining upbeat, boppy pop for Junho's solo effort and kind of old skool ballad-crooning for Daesung's! Also, not going to lie, as far as flip-flops go, those yellow ones are pretty nice.

Well, the Bom scandal appears to be receding. Head of YG made an unprecedented statement saying that Bom was cleared and that the issue was to do with a prescription she had for anxiety when she lived in the States. She continued that prescription when she returned to SK but had to have the medication imported because SK does not produce pharamaceuticals that include amphetamines.

Apparently, before she was a singer, Bom was an ace soccer player who went to the US with hopes of making a career. She stopped playing soccer, though, when she saw one of her best friends die in front of her (can't remember if this was on the soccer field or not), and that's when the anxiety attacks happened. And that's why she is on medication, and generally very shy and fragile-like. And likely why the head of YG made the statement and not her because she was probably a wreck with the news coming out.

The sad thing is, there may still be people out there who think, oh, Park Bom, drug smuggler, without knowing that all this stuff has been cleared up. :( Poor Bom. I think I love her even more now.

Yoseob in your siggie, lol. It's just so cute the way he's bopping while singing. Dongwoo is all "Uh, what?" before bowing to somebody, lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watched them! And I guess I got it right, lol.

Junho dancing with the girl in the second one, but strictly no kissing! After he acted all tough on the basketball court too. Oh, K Pop. Never change!

• Members

Correct! Daesung is definetly my least favorite member of BB but his voice is so soulful and soothing. I listen to him when I go to sleep. Thats not shade! LOL. Its just very soothing and nice and appropriate for that. Junho....love him

Im not even worried about it. It'll blow over. I bet they are glad it happened months after they released their album in Korea instead of just before.

LMAO, he was like that as Inkigayo went off the hair and had me rolling.

LOL...the full version of Daesung's was released yesterday so Ill have to check that out later. Wonder if Junho gets to kiss the girl in his...lol

• Members

No, I get that soothing voice thing. Sometimes I listen to Moonlight (the EXO-K version) and drift off to D.O. and Baekhyun. I mean that in the best possible way because I love their voices.

It's been a slow-ish couple of das on the K Pop front. The Park Bom drama fizzled as quickly as it came (hope she is ok, though). So, here are a couple of photos from the last day or so:

Hyunseung looking 1,000 times better in specs:

tumblr_n85lrh7nkQ1smti2go1_500.gif

tumblr_n85lrh7nkQ1smti2go2_500.gif

tumblr_n85lrh7nkQ1smti2go3_500.gif

tumblr_n85lrh7nkQ1smti2go5_500.gif

Burn that bandana, boy!

Kai went back to dark! The Albert Einstein is no more (taken from yesterday's Chengdu concert):

tumblr_n890atmALp1sioseno1_250.giftumblr_n890atmALp1sioseno2_250.gif

tumblr_n8901ufHdt1r8jnudo1_500.jpg

Finally, Sehun and Tao giving me major feels at one point before the "mirror segment" of the same concert. Apparently, hand-holding is not part of the usual routine for this sequence.

Bry1PTnCEAAamsA.jpg

Edited by Cat

• Members

EXO were on Happy Camp in China again this year, and it finally aired.

I won't post the whole thing because, hello, 1.5 hours. And last year's Happy Camp with them was funnier (mainly because it had Kris and Tao).

But here is a hilarious promo for the show (including Sehun swallowing his Coke and trying not to cough it up again. I swear, this whole promo is like 'two gay couples have dinner at a house in the Hamptons').

Here is another promo with Luhan looking like a serial killer.

And finally, here is the segment where EXO talk about "the member of EXO-M who left" -- they didn't dare call him by name (cc captions on YouTube).

• Members

I saw the EXO stuff yesterday and in a rare instance, EXO-M led the Overdose performance. The role of Kris will now be played by Tao...lol. K recently performed in a performance and it was cool to see them do Thunder and Run, as those were omitted from their promos. Too bad, Love, love, love wasn't sung

AllKpop did a review of the June Comeback Boy Bands, and not surprisingly Beast won biggrin.png

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/07/june-joust-which-boy-group-promoting-in-june-was-the-best

tumblr_n8bisrtLHR1qdwwzho1_500.png

Speaking of the group, Dujun is back to dark and I don't think I was ready for that. I was really digging the blonde on him

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

LOL, you watched? Yeah, I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon watching it too. I am committed! It was fun, especially Baekhyun having to drink all that bitter gourd juice. And the cheerleading positions they had to get into. Hope Chen and D.O. weren't too hurt!

EXO-M slayed with their Overdose performance. I thought Luhan did really well. Moonlight OTOH (which is probably my fave EXO ballad, along with What is Love and Love,Love,Love), woah. Chen's voice was strained after all the concerts. The dancing was pretty good, though. And Sehun was looking especialy fly.

I would love to see them dance to Thunder. Another song I really rate.

Your group is killing the competition! I am telling you, Beast are like Take That or Backstreet Boys in their heyday -- universally beloved by the public.

I agree about Dujun. The blonde was good on him, and the dark all of a sudden makes his face look a bit hard. I am feeling that way a bit about Kai's return to dark hair, too. I wanted it so badly because his blonde hair was starting to look a mess, but now I am sort of missing the blonde as it was very dramatic.

I do like Dongwoon's pink hair, though (and I'm not usually a fan of all the colors of the rainbow hair). I also like Junhyeung's brown locks (when he doesn't have a [!@#$%^&*] bandana tied through them).

Speaking of blondes, I thought Suho in the 2013 episode of Happy Camp (during the Wolf era) was SO hot in his short dark hair and leather jacket. His face is crazy beautiful! That's why I wish he'd go back to dark, because somehow the blonde overshadows his face.

• Members
There they go with Thunder in second half. Kai's roots were starting to look really bad...lol
tumblr_n8cbi9Qb5g1tub1fvo7_400.jpg
Dongwoon just updated his twitter with his new haircut. Not a fan of the style but glad he kept the color as Ive suprisingly been loving it
The style seen in this clip is by far my favorite with this hair color

• Members

Woo hoo hoo hoo-hooo! Thunduh, thunduh, thunduh! Yeah, I'm totally listening to that on my way home tonight.

Kai's mad scientist hair looks like it is about to quit him (hence prob why he went back to brown) but he is still giving me the feels when he does the body rolls in Thunder. As is Dongwoon (I almost typed Dongwoo) in that Twitter picture. What is with all these brutally hot maknae in K Pop? BTW, is he half-Korean and half-western? He looks like he might have western ancestry.

I like his hair both ways, but the short and tousled look does look good. Maybe everybody in Beast changed their hair this weekend. Has your boy Junhyung been sighted yet?

• Members

Forgive me for spamming this thread with Tumblr.

Time to bow down to this flawless queen of EPIC BITCHFACEDNESS:

26nggrc_zpsfb199086.gif

fg7iOBE_zpsba7a7fad.gif

What the hell kind of underpants is Luhan wearing on his head... OH GOD IT'S A BANDANA. I feel ya, Sehun.

large_zps154b0800.gif

Ifkzi3B_zps804fb4ff.gif

Sehun clearly thinking Bye, Kai, you moron.

AYRgqha_zpsd9e59fe8.gif

Highly unamused.

tumblr_inline_mmk0bccEPN1qz4rgp_zps1ffa0

Over this already.

tumblr_inline_muqfvqWpz71r8x9ve_zps09f75

tumblr_m7l60s3n3u1r4j89ho1_500_zps13a68f

Throw a sassy head toss in there, gurl.

tumblr_minb1w1DU41rxqef7o1_500_zpsb6a553

tumblr_my3fjkrpMC1qi4jgto4_250_zps90a8a2

Gurl...

tumblr_n5z287BtkZ1shcsmzo1_250_zpsd317e7

YzjS1oz_zps76d7f33e.gif

Finally: never displease Queen Sehuna:

tumblr_n24ih3eEYu1sj6q0vo1_400_zps40312e

• Members

Dong Woon is actually full Korean despite his Western looking appearance, which makes him stand out

tumblr_n8flicUZS11tub1fvo1_500.jpg
Thats a recent shot of the group. No other major changes

Junho

Full MV was released and he doesnt kiss the girl....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDUw5z0roA

Have no clue what he's saying but I like hearing him speak in Japanese

BTOB

tumblr_n8bgezZxh51t1y3r7o2_r2_500.gif
tumblr_n8bgezZxh51t1y3r7o4_r1_500.gif
I never saw this but BTOB was performing Thriller in the rain and Peniel slipped while Changsub busted out laughing...lol
Taeyang
taeyang_gq_001.jpg
taeyang_gq_005.jpg
Closeup of his tatoo

• Members

For real. That face is everything (in more ways than one -- his looks and ever-evolving style completely fascinate me). For the guy who probably does the absolute least out of all of EXO (singing-wise) to essentially become its diva queen with no more [!@#$%^&*] to give? I just love it.

I personally think his nose job took him from 'very cute' to 'insanely hot.' He is literally undressing us with his eyes in that first pic.

For those interested, here he talks about the inspiration of some of his and Big Bang's hits:

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/13628181.html#comments#comments

As somebody just getting into BB (I know more Taeyang solo songs then I do BB!), it made me want to check out some of these.

Woah, Dongwoon. Either he had some major double-eyelid surgery, or it is a signature genetic trait of Dongwoon's family... or DW's mom isn't telling something. I could have sworn he was half-American because he is quite tall as well.

Rumor alert: Yoseob has been spending some alone time in the recording studio recently. His fans are hoping this might mean another solo song in the offing?

I am so glad you brought up BTOB (does that stand for "boy to boy"? Please say it doesn't) because I was thinking about them this week and wondering what they have been up to. No news about them on Omona and other sites, made me wonder if they are preparing another comeback. Glad to see they are still performing, I really like what I've heard of their stuff. Peniel slipping in the rain and the rest of the group unable to hold it together is laugh.png He looks like he is in on the joke as well.

Will get to Junho's PG-rated MV very soon! And yes, Japanese sounds really beautiful when spoken IMO.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Ive been eagerly waiting for BB to make a comeback. Its been 2 years since they've relesaed ANY material as a group. Luckily, they are allegedly supposed to be working on a new album for later this year. In the meantime, Ive been watching their concerts which have come a long way since their debut days

If you need some suggestions on BB songs, check out this post. My opinions have shifted with the solo material but it should pretty much be the same for the songs as a group (since they haven't recorded anything new since then!) : http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/45889-k-pop-appeciation-thread/?view=findpost&p=1208769 Post 177

I read a few months ago that he'd be working on a solo comeback later this year so this wouldnt surprise me.

btob___born_to_beat_by_j_beom-d4xrb4j.pn

Born to Beat! They'll probably have their comeback in fall. I think Cube spaced them out bc they didnt want theirs to overlap with Beast (bc they'd get crushed). Last year Beast cameback in summer with BTOB in fall. I bet BTOB releases new material after Beast is done promoting Good Luck. BTW, I really hope they release a full album. They've been around since 2012, yet have released 4 mini albums and no full ones yet

tumblr_n8i1nweoP91r20o7po4_r1_250.giftumblr_n8i1nweoP91r20o7po8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n8i1nweoP91r20o7po3_r1_250.giftumblr_n8i1nweoP91r20o7po1_250.gif

tumblr_n8i0zmkjBQ1r20o7po2_500.gif

Junho looking fly in his suit and glasses

tumblr_n8ic5wtCUK1qm87u5o5_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8ic5wtCUK1qm87u5o4_r1_500.jpg

The boys of 2pm helped Junho celebrate the release of his album with this cool cake

boin3x_imaapwlc-1.jpg

I just love the various covers to his album. Speaking of the album, I LOVE the song Dangerous on it. It starts around 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAKQcsh8I8

tumblr_n8dpugzi8Y1qc01goo2_500.jpg

Edited by Cheap21