Since its October lets talk about the scariest HW/EP Combos!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rauch & McTavish is scarier, yet they worked together on GL, didn't they? Or was it still Conboy? SO strange how the sequence of GL EPs in the 90s is the same sequence of EPs that killed SB, though in hindsight, Conboy wasn't nearly as bad as Rauch (save changing the Capwell Mansion set, which was iconic).

Disagree about Culliton's time- the show actually started getting better under his pen. I wish he remained the HW when Goutman came aboard.

For my money, the worst combos of all-time were Corday/Langan, FMB./Black & Stern (ATWT), Jean Dedario Burke and Jean Passanante (AMC), and of course, the ALL-TIME WORST HW/EP combo EVER- Rauch & Long on Santa Barbara. What dreck. Anyone who youtubes SB from 84-90 and then watches that last episode (do it on Youtube) wouldn't even know it was the same show, if not for CC, Sophia, Gina, Lionel, and Julia- and even out of them, Lionel and Gina were written totally out of character in 92.

• Members

John Conboy was good back in the day but I think he and others who have been out daytime tried to make soaps like they were and the networks did not want that. John Conboy was not the best at GL while he has Ellen Weston. Different headwriter(s) would have done the show better.

Archived