Doctor Who

DRW50

• Members

I mostly remember Pauline Quirke from a horribly depressing role on Emmerdale, but she's mostly known as a comedienne. Here she is at :30 selling BBC Choice. I guess by this time the BBC had begun to thaw out with Doctor Who as there's a fairly big use of the show in the ad.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Michelle Gomez confirms she will be back for Series 9, which we knew - but she's also back for the premiere episode, which we didn't know.

Also appearing again, surprisingly, is Clare Higgins, British thespian and a personal genre favorite of mine for being the evil Julia Cotton in the first two Hellraiser films. She previously played the lead sister of Karn in The Night of the Doctor, the 2013 minisode with Paul McGann.

Edited by Vee

• Members

There was a rumor many, many months ago that Missy would be a companion for the latter half of the series. I didn't buy it but I wouldn't dismiss it either.

I'm not sure Higgins will be playing one of the sisters again. Could just be a new role.

Edited by Vee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Richard Madden is perfect. Literally perfect. He has watched Doctor Who since he was a child!!!

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/richard-madden-on-game-of-thrones.html

If I had not been a Jenna Louise Coleman fan for nearly a decade, I think I would hate her right now.

(there's a Song of Ice And Fire spoiler in there that hasn't been on the show yet - be warned)

• Members

That's cute. He should do a guest spot sometime. They can afford it, they're still on the verge of using Peter Jackson as a director every year.

That reminds me, you never did tell me how Episode 2 of Telltale's GOT game went for you. (Or TWD)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm so happy for Arthur! I'm still not sure I will watch one of those shows but that's great news for him and I hope he gets a big hit out of it.

Maisie's a huge catch for DW - she has a real following online and she's a great actress. I wonder how they managed that.

• 1 month later...