• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This was a nice episode. A really good mix of warmth, whimsy and menace. I really identified with the idea of nested dreams because I once had a couple bad nights of them when I started a medication years and years ago. Nothing [!@#$%^&*] with your sanity faster.

I usually roll my eyes at appearances of "real life" Santa Claus on shows because I'm basically dead inside but I liked this snappy, sarcastic, "got sh!t to do" Santa. Loved the Doctor's glee at getting to drive the sleigh. After a season of a far darker and more cynical Doctor, that was a "looveleh* thing to see. (That's my version of the way Clara says "lovely." Which IMO is second only to the way she says "Shoot oohp!")

When Clara hears the sound that the TARDIS makes and says, "I never realized how much I love that sound." I was feeling the same way. I also love that lilting woodwind tune that plays in Christmas episodes during happy family scenes and reunions. I'm sure there's an official Doctor Who name for it but if so, I don't know it. It played in the background when Clara was dreaming about Danny waking her up in the morning.

I could've really grown to like Clara and Danny as a couple if I'd gotten to see it happen in real time but I didn't so *shrug*.

So Clara's sticking around. Meh. Whatever.

• Members

Supposedly Jenna was unsure until near the very end about whether to stay or go.

I have mixed feelings about Clara (probably the most polarizing companion in many years), but Jenna and Peter Capaldi are absolutely superb together. He's also the main reason she decided to stay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

No missing episodes, sadly, but some lost Desert Island Disc recordings have been found, including Diana Rigg and the one and only William Hartnell.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-01-31/doctor-who-star-william-hartnells-desert-island-discs-recording-found-by-the-bbc

The excerpt of Bill's episode.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009y3yj

I wasn't expecting his voice to be so clear and strong.

This is one of his few audio interviews available isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In spinoff news, Jemma Redgrave's Kate Stewart, daughter of the Brigadier, has just been given a Big Finish audio drama series.

Rumors abound that the planet of Peladon as well as the Ice Warriors may or may not be featured in Series 9 this year, which I believe is already shooting. Alex Kingston also dropped a comment at a recent American convention that suggested she may be making an appearance as River Song - something about the size of her trailer despite DW supposedly now having a bigger budget - but she may have just been making a joke.