DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

I've only randomly caught episodes here and there, but the execution just feels way off on this show. There's really no incentive to watch regularly, the storylines are paced haphazardly and to be honest, just boring as hell to sit through.

So far, I don't know if I can say TomSell offer anything that's better (or worse) than MarDar.

They also need to fix the lighting and wardrobe on this show. Why is everyone dressed in faux designer clothing from Wal-Mart? Hell, the show looks like it takes place in Wal-Mart most of the time with this tacky and bright lighting design.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not terrible. It's just what Vee and I have said before: DAYS would rather coast than do something to beat the old drum. And I place the blame for that either on NBC, or Sony. They don't care about doing a good show, they just want it done good and cheap.

• Members

When Caroline confused Sami being with Lucas and EJ instead of Rafe, who could blame her? That couldnt necesarily be attributed to the alzheimers bc Sami changes men every week. Who can keep up with that ish?

ZmMDL.jpg?1

Kristen looked FAB! Why didnt she come to town looking like this? With her now running Countess W, can we PLEASE get a scene of her with Billie? This needs to happen. Also why is she staying at the Salem Inn and not Dimera mansion?

Why did Sami jsut assume the other day that the woman at ehr door was Kristen and not her ex-mother in law, Susan?'

Marlena doesnt beleive she left her phone in the waiting room, but thinsk Kristen stole it nad dropped it there? Um, the secretary said she found it in the morning when Marlena left

• Members

LIke most soaps in the last few years, there is a lack of life to the show. I watched a few 90's episodes of Days with Kristen (for nostalgia) and man what a difference, there is such energy and life to the show that is lacking, stories were at different boiling points, which is also lacking and one story could include a wide range of different characters.

The reason we could sit and wait was because writers could build suspense, which is what made us watch every day. Any day could be the day a story would blow its lid, and they teased us with the possibilities. And while one story was just starting or half way through, another was drawing to a close. That doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Now stories fold so quickly and while one story takes centre stage and revolves around a few characters, the rest just sit around and wait. Bringing Kristen back was a great idea, Eileen is really making the effort and there is at least a pulse, however faint at the moment. Right now Kristen and Sonny/Will are my only interests, and Wilson isn't up to much at all right now. I wish they would turn them into the Hardy boys and get them mixed up with the DiMeras and especially Kristen. And please give Kristen some young hot man, so they can cause havoc together, oh and a better wardrobe.

• Members

I don't understand why Will needed to be with anyone. The whole thing is just too contrived and the actors really aren't selling it. I wish they had just written the character out for a few months while they figured out what to do with him.

• Members

It's Corday, I think, more than anyone.

Every time they are faced with something to excite the balance of the show or revolutionize the canvas, they back away to lame 'standards' or 'leads' - Rafe, Jennifer, Daniel, the endless Sami/EJ/Nicole triangle, a few old characters in limp stories. Except Jen is basically a husk now. Nothing's there - she moved on from Jack in a month as a signpost of Tomlin and Corday's feelings about her, Jack, the overall canvas and ensemble and their interchangeability. The most exciting thing they could do is drive her mad and make her a villainness.

People dog on the McPherson, etc. regime but for all its missteps and network interference that was the first time in a very, very long time I took this soap seriously for the future. Not anymore. Kristen is on and they've even de-balled her. They just coast and handicap everything interesting. It's a tired, generic, sad program written and produced for people who are only half-watching while cleaning the sink. And I think Ken Corday has decided he can put it together while on his iPad.

Archived