DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Sami was a teenager and Marlena bared responsibility for why Sami was acting out the way she did. Kate went after Sami but I dont recall her personally having any major issues with Marlena. I think Marlena more or less stayed out of their drama bc she saw that Sami was just as awful and gave as good as she got. So a possessed Marlena attacked Kristen. The main thing there is she was possessed. I love Kristen and always root for her over Marlena but there was no excuse for the things she did to Marlena. The stuff she did was unforgivable and Kristen left town having never made peace or redeemed herself.

I dont see why its so hard to beleive why Marlena wouldnt trust her. I mean come on, Kristen just toldher that Stefano brought her back and lets not forget Marlena JUST went through Stefano trying to make her and John's life hell a few months ago. Now he brings back the one woman who's caused them the most heartache and devastation and she's not supposed to be cautious? Gimme a break

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well that's in issue between Marlena and Kristen and John, it's not for Marlena to try and turn the whole town against Kristen if she can stay out of Kate and Sami's drama. Chloe forgave Nicole and became her BFF AFTER Nicole tried to give her a flesh eating disease. Hope and Billie are cordial. And they didn't know Kristen left, they assumed she was dead. Marlena doesn't have to give her a chance, but it is what it is...

• Members

The difference in this being that those people have been on canvas. Marlena has family ties to Sami, she's her daughter. Marlena and Kate used to be BFFs, they no no longer are even more so with her connection to Stefano. John has a closer relationship with Kate, but Marlena and Kate clashed over Will's coming out most recently and tend to mostly be civil to one another.

Does Chloe even know that Nicole gave her a flesh-eating disease? I'm pretty sure that story was dropped and not mentioned again when Nicole vanished from canvas and came back. Nicole and Sami also mended fences, there was a rift after the baby switch, but now they're mostly civil -- I say mostly civil, Sami dislikes her almost as much as Carrie.

Hope and Billie are not friends. They're cordial because Bo and Billie share a daughter, but most recently Hope was suspicious of why Billie was in Bo's hospital room when he was attacked. They can interact with one another when needed, but they're not hanging out with one another.

As for Kristen, the last time Marlena saw her she tried to kill her. Literally, she intended to lock Susan in white slavery and poison Marlena. Only the poison ended up poisoning Belle instead and Kristen was locked up. Also, Stefano most recently tried killing John/Hope in Alamania and tried killing half the town in that damn safe house. I love love Kristen to death and I'm glad she's back on canvas, but REALLY, Marlena is supposed to shake her hand and be like "let me give you chance?" Just stop! :)

There'd be a slight difference if Kristen had remained in Salem and Marlena could slowly cool to, but this has just brought up old wounds. Case in point, if Nicole had left canvas after the baby switch and returned, she'd have no relationship at all with 90% of the canvas for what she'd done to Sami.

• Members

I dont think Sami is being a hypocrite for being mad at Rafe. They were supposed to be starting fresh and he's the one that pursued her. She wasnt mad about the lie and she made that perfectly clear as she gave him an out to come clean with her and he still lied. I think her anger was justified

153ky8z.jpg

John Black and his badly dressed women

So Im guessing the show is ignoring MarDar's plot and John and Marlena are now married again

• Members

Kristen is such a passive aggrssive bitch....love that about her! Love how she handled Sami

Just like that the Nicole plot is over? Cant beleive she dropped the charges bc she might be able to get Daniel. Watch Daniel dump her anyway. I wanted to see Jen's case go to trial and its a shame they just ended it so quickly

• Members

Am I to take it that the clothes at the end of the episode being donated to the hospital, are ones that Nicole left after she found out her baby was dead? Did she then go out and buy new clothes to replace them? I guess the story's not over until she gets busted for lying in the first place.

• Members

IA, I'm one of the few who's super enjoyed this plot (mostly because Jennifer's positioning on the canvas) and I don't understand why this (and everything else) has been so expedited. It's weird, considering how fast everything's moving, it doesn't feel like much is happening. I'm enjoying the show and think the ideas and episodes are pretty good, but there's a serious sense of urgency lacking.

Archived