GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

34ou0lj.jpg

t5fyi8.jpg

Ugh, why didnt someone warn me this was back today? Why would she be defending Todd anyway after he fired her from the magazine and isnt this a conflict of interest consideriing she is Jason's lawyer?

Im gonna feel bad for Sam when she finds out what happened to Jason. Kind of a tease for their fans to make it look like they will make love one last time, only to not. I also think it stinks that he "died" without finding out that Danny was his son

He remembers she exists?

• Members

Yeah Im sure you are right, but I cant remember when the last time he even acknowledged her. I think the only child that exists in his mind is Starr. I mean I get that the rest dont want anything to do with him but its not like he's even asked Tea how she is during any of the times she's visited

• Members

Oh, S&B is my pairing too. Brenda is my girl and the only one to make Sonny even mildly likable. I am just saying that if NL had played someone other than Emily, I wouldn't have found the pairing so objectionable. Chemistry (or lack thereof) was the least of Soily's problems. I find it very irritating that MB suggested it because his wife thought the two of them would look good together and TPTB went along with that assinine notion. Let's throw history out the door and just put two people together that look pretty. What?

Anyhow, i agree that Nik's best pairing was OG Gia, but I can see the appeal of the Nik/Emily romance. It's not one of my favorites, but I could see people liking it.

• Members

Is there any doubt that we're going to be told that Lulu can't get pregnant because of her abortion? Soaps do this again and again, and it isn't consistent with the reality of the procedure. You're more likely to be unable to get pregnant again as a result of complications from giving birth than from an abortion. Anyone want to remind me of how liberal Hollywood is?

• Members

I actually enjoyed Sexis at the time. I would never want them to go back there, but it was a welcomed change from the lather, rinse, repeat of Carson. Sonny was actually with a woman that was his age and I felt like he actually respected her and her intelligence, humor, beauty, etc at the time. It all went downhill FAST and I can see how Alexis fans wouldn't like it, but I thought it was good soap at the time.

• Members

Even worse is that once all the angst and shaming is over, these women then have miracle pregnancies, once they've learned the wrong of having an abortion.

There are ways to tell a balanced story about abortion but you will never see it on a soap opera of the last fifteen years.

• Members

Well, I considered her to be Sonny's age even though he is rapidly de-Sorasing. At the time, I felt like they were near the same age. Now he is being fit into this Kate story where he is playing 43 or something even though he came to town as someone near thirty twenty years ago. I still think of him as 7-10 years older then Carly, Jason, Brenda, etc. The show tells me something else these days, but I feel like Alexis is the same age as Sonny. I know they try to tell us Kate and Olivia are his contemporaries, but they look quite a bit younger than him and as of 2011, they were still saying Brenda and Sonny had a substantial age difference, so there is no way he could be 43. I don't know what to actually think about his age, but they look age appropriate.

Archived