GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hold up since when can't a soap have similar characters? Sonny/Jason- same, Johnny/Todd- same, Sam/Liz- sam. I would love it KDP came on GH full time. I know a lot of others that would like it too. It wouldn't hurt GH one bit if Blair was on. Also KDP has a large and loyal fanbase and so does Todd and Blair. Just because we don't post all over the place doesn't mean we are not still here. I watch GH. I agree Carly is boring. She has no energy anymore. They turned her into a soccer mom, who is never with her kids. Also I know alot of people who don't really care about Todd/Carly and could go either way with it. To me Todd/Carly are hollow. They are based on lies, lies, and more lies and they will never last. There is no deep connection and Carly just looks like an idiot with Todd. All the chemistry in the world won't make those two interesting. I am thinking that Carly will be tested with AJ. That is the story that I want to see. AJ/Carly would be crazy and dsfunction and drama, drama, drama.

• Members

"Dad you know DNA tests arent fool proof. Just ask Elizabeth" laugh.png

I have to say the Sam/Jason stuff was really good

I feel all these Duke/Anna flashbacks are a con, especially since he's returned as such a wretched excuse for a human being

I really dont see any of these pairings as being the same, especially not Sam and Liz

• Members

I miss NL like a limb these days. I still hate that they killed off Emily the way they did.

I see their point though, there definitely are character archetypes that writers reuse a lot. For instance Lulu, Liz, Robin and Emily often played the same role as the spirited heroines of the show. Just as Sonny, Johnny, Jason, Zander have all played similar roles as the bad boys from the wrong tracks who make the wrong choices, as have Dante, Lucky, Jax and Nikolas at several points have played good old boys or affluent white knight characters. Carly, Skye and Tracey are all written to be hard noised ice queens, etc. They can all become interchangeable when their differences aren't valued and the writing is nuanced to the individual. Even Sam for much of her tenure on the show was and still is basically just a Brenda/Courtney amalgamation.

• Members

The only thing the Duke/Anna flashbacks are doing is showing that Ian Buchanan can no longer play a believable good guy even with the woman he loves AND whatever he's done to his face has made his eyebrows raise in the opposite direction they used to.

• Members

I think Ian Buchanan can play a good guy (he does in his fleeting B&B appearances), but Duke is supposed to be a psycho, so he's played as such. Subtlety is not something you will ever see on a Carlivati show.

Buchanan has looked like the secret boyfriend of Roger Collins for several years now, between the awful hamming and the weird face work.

They should have never brought Duke back. I don't think most fans were clamoring to have him back - they knew the last Duke return story had been a mess, and that sometimes the past is left to the past. I think they only brought him back to kill time until KMc returns to wrap up Robin's story, and because Luke/Anna were not the hit they were expected to be. Destroying Duke is their attempt to rectify this.

• Members

Well, I'll just go ahead and say it, I find Natalia Livingston to be over-hated. Sure, her Emily paled in comparison to Amber Tamblyn's, but I've seen much worse actresses on this show. Furthermore, she was one of the few female characters (in spite of the shitty writing) who was (generally) a decent person.

And while I wasn't crazy about her Emily, I actually liked Rebecca Shaw and wish that she'd stuck around long enough (though I did appreciate her hopeful ending with not-Zander wub.png ) to see JJ Lucky rip into Liz over her trifling behavior.

Archived