GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Girl, I know you didn't fix your fingers to call Blair a country bumpkin when that Slagbeast is the very definition of a trailer trash one. Anyone with two eyes and a working knowledge of soap history can see that that heifer isn't fit to wear Blair's tampon, let alone be a worthy alternative to her.

Like I said before, Cartini needs to toss out that Slagbeast trash to make way for my favorite bitch with a heart, Blair Cramer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's online. The influence of the online audience - and I say this as a member of it - is overrated and overblown. Truthfully, I think that most offline AMC and OLTL fans were also already watching GH. Not all certainly, but most were watching the whole lineup with varying levels of interest and/or passion so based on that alone the idea the bringing on OLTL actors would help ratings was flawed but it's become obvious that wasn't the reason for bringing them on. Bringing Blair on permanently doesn't help the bottom line at all. She's already there and her name is Carly.

KDP really should've taken the B&B gig.

• Members

Yes, but that would mean many offline viewers would also never automatically say, "We don't need Blair, because Carly is just like her." Until the show began making those comparisons, I never heard anyone say this.

I think there were some fans who used to watch OLTL during Howarth's time on the show and might have been interested in coming back (not that many, but a few). Whether any did based on the crappy material and weird Paul Lynde performances, I have no idea.

I think the online experience has always had a little more relevance to Carlivati/Valentini than it would to someone like the Bells, because Carlivati seems to focus so much on fighting with people online, or getting fawning interviews from website.

• Members

I've seen those comparisons. I recall discussions of how Blair, Carly and AMC's Kendall were all very similar even to the point of being from Florida. That "shrill harpy with a heart of gold" archetype had a representative on all three ABC shows.

I don't think that offliners would say "We don't need Blair because Carly is just like her" they would say, "Why is this chick from the canceled show getting the time and story that would normally go to the character who has been on this canvas for years? And why should I care about her or her warbling offspring?"

• Members

If they didn't watch OLTL, I'd agree, but if we're saying they watched all three shows, then I think they'd have some reaction to Blair, good or bad, beyond, "who is she" or, "she's just like Carly."

I know a lot of fans hated Blair but I rarely saw the Carly comparisons. For instance, when Carly was laughing at her husband's rape, I don't think that got a "she's just like Blair (or Kendall)" reaction. But I don't go to that many boards. I think Carly has been her own bizarre being in recent years. They've changed that a little, but LW's coldness undercuts most of the writing changes.

I remember one or two Tea/Carly comparisons, mostly for all the constant shrieking, but even those I can't totally remember.

• Members

Carl, when did the show make those comparisons because honestly, I only hear that here? Also, I thought in the beginning of Fron's reign [of terror] the dramatic changes they made with Carly were an attempt to get a Blair 2.0 (pathetic and stupid). Remember my comment "why have a 50 year old Blair when you can have a 40 year old one".

I maintain that I don't like Carly under Fron, but I love LW and RH together. She brings out his sexy!

• Members

They made a few comparisons during the time Blair came on and met Carly and they talked about their lives.

I don't mean to put down Todd/Carly to the point it spoils it for their fans. I'm not sure why I'm going on about Blair anyway when she's probably gone for good (minus some shouting at Todd), and I hope she is, because I hated Carlivati's writing for her and would rather imagine she's happy offcamera.

I'll just stop talking about her now.

• Members

LMAO! That's pretty much the reaction I have when anybody mentions bringing on AMC characters. Whatever my affection for certain actors or characters, it doesn't trump the fact that I think RC is a bad writer. I can only think of a handful of actors that could make me subject myself to Ron's writing and sadly most of them are men because I know what he does to women.

• Members

I hate their writing for Carly because if nothing else, Carly has always been on the same level as her men if not slightly above them. This sniveling dummy they created? Damn it if I don't completely loathe it. I don't wish to see LW playing this chit out. That POS Cassie was torture enough. Thank God I didn't see much of her on GL.

But please don't let me or anyone else discourage you from posting what you feel. However, it's not fair for GH fans to have to defend our characters against these invaders. Like GH would be better off with Blair as opposed to Carly. GH fans don't want to hear that.

I want KDP to go as quickly as she gets here. I never really had a problem with her until recently (her jealous Twitter antics rubbed me raw). I think KDP is a fantastic actress with a great presence, but she is not needed at GH. Hell, I'd bump Liz up to somebody important before I accept another OLer to GH. It's just wrong!

• Members

Oh, I didn't hear about any recent behavior. I don't follow the Twitter stuff. I do for some actors, mostly sci-fi/fantasy actors, who I guess can handle the crazy (and that gets crazy). Soap actors often seem to...not handle it well.

I'm mostly discouraging myself. I'll always have a soft spot for Blair but when I don't even want her back on the show it's just silly to go on and on about it. And Carly used to be one of my favorite characters ever on a soap, a long time ago. Even now I don't actually dislike her, as much as I don't recognize her. It's just the comparison which I mostly disagree with, but that's been hashed over. Thanks for the kind words though.

There are some actors I'd have to make a deal with the soap demons over if I wanted to see them again, if Carliavi is doing the writing. If someone asked me if I wanted to see Sarah Felder again as a psycho grandmother who holds Lulu hostage for five minutes, I'd like to think I would say no, but...

• Members

Yep, (sorta like Tracey...I just don't think women have to be written this way but its soap standard formula); she'd been bumped up to some importance since Carlintini; I mean other than being the matriarch for the Davis Coven she's had a little more story/marketing than under Fron's Guza Phelps Wolf-Altman's regime & she actually appears on the ABC's website and got enough to get an emmy reel

but other than that once she became Mommy to GH's darling Sam; Alexis hasn't done much they took a lot of air away that she could've been used and gave it to Sam. Even her cancer storyline was about Sam IMO... with Jax badgering her & siding to forgive Sam for sleeping with her husband on her living room floor.

I would've to have seen her in the scene with Heather on the roof and all that...or even the awful actress that plays Krystina...I was surprised to see Alexis in an action scene awhile back re: the explosion in the pathogen storyline. This is another one of my favs I haven't been able to enjoy.

I see Monica got off the shelf to kiss Jason's ass for a hot minute...

Archived