GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's also been years since they broke up so they've both moved on and are on better terms. Doing a PA together doesn't mean they are the best of friends. The one I heard the bad breakup story from I tend to believe because they got it from someone who worked on set who gave alot of legit inside scoop like regime changes before they were even announced and spoield stories before they were dropped.

• Members

No matter what I've seen her in, she seems to me to have this facial expression that screams "I'm just a practical person," so I don't know what anyone else sees when they see her as adventure woman. AG is more versatile in that he can probably be doting, adventurous, lecherous drunk or whatever.

I had numerous issues with what they did with Zander. Way back when I liked Nicholas and Sara although that was pure sap. I didn't like when he had speech problems and developed the crush on Robin. I do agree that CS-SM's Nicholas with Gia was the best relationship he had. Even their rip-off Jerry Maguire moment doesn't seem so bad now.

• Members

Frankly, I don't think that's a bad thing. It wasn't as if Laura was a cookie-cutter character with zero motivation behind her behavior and decisions, hence is why I can easily accept her as being 'practical'.

I was a huge Liz fan back in the Sarah days, so I pretty much ragged on Sarah (and her romance with Nik) every chance I got. I was never sure on whether they would ever decide to go with Nik/Robin in the future, so I really didn't know how to feel about that possibility.

I honestly believe that the woman that challenged and inspired Nik to do better was Gia, as opposed to how this show credits Emily for that. It's a shame that both the character and their relationship has been forgotten (or should I say, unacknowledged).

The less I say about how Zander was thrown under the bus to be backed up over and over by said bus, the better (as I'll be here all day cursing TIIC out for that one) - although I will share another UO of mine: I much preferred his relationship/bond with Alexis over the overrated forced-chemistry-having Cassadine Coven.

• Members

I wasn't knocking her "practical" look. I wish just remarking that her practicality is what causes me not to buy her as the ultimate adventurous woman. She just doesn't fit that bill for me.

I wasn't a fan of Elizabeth's. I went along with her has as the bad girl/spoiler to Sara. I didn't like the Lucky/Sara/Nicholas triangle they tried to force so I was good with Lucky discovering Elizabeth. I more or less felt sorry for Nicholas as the abandoned child. They basically heaped all the blame for that on Luke though.

ITA. I guess that's one of those instances where you're supposed to forget that someone else played Nicholas so if you didn't see TC do it then it never really happened. I just remember reading around that time that the whole defrosted daddy dearest Stavros s/l was supposed to lead a darker Nicholas and they wanted TC back because they didn't think CS-SM would be able to pull it off. Pudgy just never sold me on romance. I'm still stuck on his crush on Catherine but I guess if I had to go with something then I'd go with Courtney. Emily never because I could only see little Amber before she was totally gone on Zander.

Alexis was fiercely protective of Zander and that really worked. I do happen to think she was good with Stefan but I guess I just liked Stephen Nichols in that role. Alexis began her slide for me with that baby sister Kristina s/l. I really hated that including Kristina being a wedge between her and Ned which subsequently became some unrequited love for Sonny being the wedge. There's another gross attempt to make a match out of perfectly good friction. They should have left it at Alexis' high school crush/stammering in Sonny's presence. The best thing that came out of that forced scene was Carly's walk up the stairs to Vanessa Carlton's Twilight. I can remember hearing that and thinking it sounds like the singer of A Thousand Miles.

Archived