GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Easton looks rough as hell. No wonder we hear less and less talk about that great "Sohn" chemistry, or whatever they're called. A least Howarth knows how to age (bad hair choices aside). McBain now looks like a cigar store Indian.

• Members

I wasn't an Alexis fan. I don't feel one way or another about her so my opinion of her is generally based on whatever situation she happens to be in. That whole s/l was ill conceived and the grand prize for her was to be able to have Sonny's child. I didn't even like her stammering like a school girl in his presence but I would have much preferred to see her go on in that manner than to ruin a perfectly good relationship for some distasteful experiment. It would have been nice to see her maintain her senses and resist whatever was passing for charm from him. I know they didn't think they'd be able to replace Carly at the time but Alexis was far from the solution.

NLG needs the right acting partner to draw that quality out in her and MB is not it. He might be able to use his dimples to work Sonny charm but I think he lacks a certain depth so Sonny probably operates at two levels: charming and then shouting mad or some degree of anger

• Members

I don't remember her exact words, it was just my instant impression. There will be an interview in next week's SOD. Seems almost every week there is some discussion in the magazines, or Frank or Ron or Michael has something to say about her. I truly wish they'd just write John to accept that Natalie is through with him and there is nothing he can do about Liam. Have him own that he neglected his family and cheated on them, and so he lost them and doesn't really mind all that much because the fair Sam awaits. Or better yet, just have Natalie write another letter saying she made a mistake and he can see Liam whenever he wants. Then if they want to resurrect the family ties down the road after GH is off the chopping block they still can. But they keep trying to make John look like the sympathetic victim here, when they really can't. John seems more upset that Sam has reunited with Jason than he ever did about losing his family. Makes it hard to feel bad for him. Just stop talking about them and let us all forget that John is a lying cheat.

I do appreciate that at least other characters call John out about his actions. Anna, Todd, and now Carly. Tells me at least Ron does realize how John looks in this and there are two sides to the story. John's "connection" to Sam doesn't justify his actions for everyone.

• Members

I really don't think the show needs to worry so much about this character. John's past from another show is not really important. They just need to have the essence of his character and how that interacts with the cast of GH. His past is sort of irrelevant since it never happened on GH. John doesn't look good or bad when it comes to Natalie because I can't see Natalie. At this point she doesn't exist for me.

• Members

But John does. And his actions toward her do. I agree with you. She shouldn't matter. So they need to stop referencing her or having her actions offscreen matter to John. If you like John, you may ignore anything pertaining to his story that doesn't fit your notions. But they do keep having characters on screen cast shade on him in regards to this matter. Just. Make it. Stop. Move him along and stop.

• Members

Fair enough. MB has lacked depth for the past ten years or so. I thought he was great in his original run from 93-97. I tend to think that was the character of Sonny's shelf life. IMO, it was a perfect ending to the character when he left Brenda at the altar. Gh spent most of the next decade trying to repeat the success of S&B with a variety of acting partners with virtually none of them catching on outside of Carly. I found the Sexis pairing to be refreshing for a few short months but the fallout was not worth it for Alexis. I agree the breathless schoolgirl thing was annoying, but I at least felt Sonny respected her during their brief courtship. Sonny is too far gone to be a viable romantic lead at this point and I think GH should just cut their losses with Sonny and put him back together with Brenda and have them live offscreen in Rome. Jason is gone, so the mob could just be put on the backburner and GH could focus on actual GH.

Archived