GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Courtney was the female McBain to me - a character that I had zero opinion on. Although she was a lead character, she was so ann on the nose of Plain's face that I simply couldn't muster up any interest or outrage over her presence.

As for NL, I say "hate" because you'd think that she was the worst actress to ever darken the GH soundstage by the way that message boards roasted her on a regular. I'm admittedly biased towards AT, so I'll definitely say that she could definitely handle most of the material that NL got (Sonny, notwithstanding, because that was a crime against nature).

I will, however, agree with you that they shouldn't have killed Emily off after NL decided to leave. Not only did it do considerable damage to the Qs, but it also hurt Liz in the long run - as she no longer had a best friend to rely on to offset the hatchet job that Guza had done to her personality.

• Members

I found Emily and Sonny gross on a multiple levels....just thinking about it now makes....simply yuck.

I guess what defines a fairytale must be another one of those subjective/in the eyes of the beholder things. I do believe people who badly want some of the pairings that are repulsive to me, yearn for some happily ever after ending. I still see people refer to endgame and destiny as if there is no fluidity whatsoever or it's okay as long as the end result is X and Y. GH used to create interesting matches but that hasn't been the case for several years, imo. Anyway, I don't live vicariously through characters as some of those who are adamant that things go a certain way do.

Yes is my answer to your 50 shades question. Someone who read it told me about it and I know I'm not going to read it ever but I can't say I would never watch the movie if and when it pops up on television is whatever stripped down version it's in. But yes, whether on a conscious or subconscious level, there are women who find BDSM intriguing. It's a fantasy like any other and again you've got this image (for readers) and I guess an actual visual somewhere down the road of someone doing something that is a fascinating fantasy.

Doesn't Nine 1/2 Weeks sort of fall into that category of seeing a woman fulfill this intriguing sort of fantasy that becomes impeded by reality. I'm sure there were women wishing they were the one with Mickey Rourke doing things that took them to the edge of insanity. Watching someone else go there is probably a whole lot easier and no one has to be honest about wanting to do something over which they can feign shock but if that sort of thing holds no appeal, why keep reading about it?

• Members

I'm of the opinion that AT's Emily and Zander would've been endgame, although I'm sure that she would've dated either Nikolas for a while in between. As for NL's Emily and Zander, the writing for them was so bad (as a means of propping her and Nik) that they were doomed from the start.

As for Nik's relationships, I'll be honest by saying that the only one of his that I liked was Steven Coltin Scott Martines' Nik with MR's Gia so I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about Nik/Emily from the jump.

As for Sonny, the only pairing of his that I enjoyed other than my beloved S&B was with him and The Real Kate Howard (a.k.a. Megan Ward). His relationshit with NL's Emily is one out of many fails that he's had in contrast to those two.

• Members

That's precisely why I'm befuddled when some viewers complain about 90s Laura being a "soccer mom". Granted, I started watching the show in that decade, but she seemed quite content and natural in that setting/role - just as AG seemed right at home in the role of 90s Luke who was the doting father and husband (no matter how much AG loathed that era of his character).

• Members

Was that per his request? I thought it was a suggestion that NL happily took TIIC up on because of the bad blood between her and TC.

The last time I heard of MB making divalicious demands was when he demanded that TIIC break the Slagbeast and Alcazar up because he was salty about their pairing being more popular than his with whatever random chick that they had him with at the time.

• Members

That had nothing to do with NL and TC. Mo and his wife Paula pitched that emmy baiting bipolar story and it was his wife who said that Emily as a character was most like her so they both pushed for the pairing. As for NL, I'm sure being paired with MB, she was happy for the airtime, but the failure of that pairing pretty much sealed her characters fate on GH.

Archived