GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

rN8o2.gif

Did KDP get offered a short-term gig on B&B and then claim she didn't take it out of "loyalty" to FrankenRonnie? She should've jumped on that gig like Blair on a drifter instead of clawing at GH for crumbs. She'd be better off today if she had. Or at least she wouldn't be any worse off.

• Members

Doesn't matter. She should've taken it and worked her ass off in it. It would've given her a chance to expand her audition reel while introducing her to B&B's healthy, growing audience instead of making her play retread crap that her fanbase - most of which is already watching GH - claims to hate. KDP/Blair on GH isn't going to bring anything that isn't already there. The TnBers are already watching for Howarth and judging by what I read Todd/Carly is catching on. Carly is Blair except she actually BELONGS on GH. With Carly they get all the "benefits" that would come with having Blair on the show without the GH fan backlash about yet another invader. Not that Ron cares about that.

Kassie should've taken the B&B job and never looked back.

• Members

If it was a major role, I'd agree, but she probably made about as many appearances on GH as HBS did on B&B. I do agree that it's a new audience, but I don't think she made a mistake. Ultimately the soap audience is just too small these days and people who appear frequently on B&B are more likely to be from outside the soap pool (reality shows, some woman who is a Greek princess, etc.)

I think as long as Starr is around there is still a place for Blair to visit. I don't really care too much about her relationship with Todd. As long as he continues to be written as loveable comic relief, he is never going to be a character in his own right.

I wanted to add that I don't care very much about seeing Blair on GH again. GH is a horribly written show, with some of the most shocking acting to be found this side of public access. I just don't agree with the idea that Carly, who has anti-chemistry with most of her leading men and who has all the warmth of a dead refrigerator bulb, has replaced her. Most of the OLTL fans don't seem to have a lot of interest in Todd/Carly. Most of the GH fans probably still don't even care about Todd.

• Members

Whether or not they bring Blair on permanently, it does not matter who they pair Todd with in the meantime. Todd and Blair is and will always be endgame. They've also planted the seeds for Carly and Jax. They probably figure why have her come on long-term since they really only need her for the end of the story and might as well save money.

• Members

Carl, Tarly have caught on, and you'd be surprised at how many TnB fans have transferred ships! As for LW chem with her leading men, I can't disagree more if I tried. I'll leave it at that. From what I hear, Fron have had their eye on Roger and Laura since they took over!

As for TnB being the endgame as well as CarJax, that statement is synonymous with THE END, so we can table that discussion until THE END. However, I only care about the CarJax I/2, and they are totally my end game. Absolutely love them.. TnB? I never got behind them because until now, I've always seen Roger as asexual. Guess LW is bringing out the sexy in Mr. Howarth. Taking back a man who puts your child on the black market because he thinks he isn't the father makes her more pathetic than him.

KDP knows that without TnB, no one cares about Blair which is why she's trying desperately to hang on to the pairing. Thank goodness Roger likes change. He's seems to really be happy about Tarly. Can't say I blame him.

• Members

Howarth mostly seems to be in his phone it in mode, to me. I'm sure he's happy to be paid but he reminds me so much of Happy Fun Todd of the first dead baby lie.

I think some fans care about Blair without Todd. I did. I know some others did. But Carlivati never did, unfortunately.

• Members

Your use of the past tense is the most telling thing.

People may have cared about Blair without Todd but that didn't stop them from watching Todd without Blair. Blair/KDP doesn't bring anything to GH that isn't already provided by Todd/RH or Carly/LW. The Blair fans are already watching because in the end they care more about Sexy Rapist than his long suffering concubine and the unfortunate truth is that any story that would work for Blair will also work for Carly.

It's the same situation with John/Sam/Nat. The Jolie fans who like John/ME followed him to GH and are watching regardless of what the story has done to the character and the few who aren't, don't matter. Sam is just a reworked version of Natalie: a perpetual kidnap victim in thrall to the mute damaged enigma known as John McBain to the exclusion of all else including her child's well-being. They even turned Nat into Blair a little bit by making her a bitter shrew who used her kid to punish John for kissing Sam.

Blair, Natalie and Tea were just extraneous detritus used to help wedge John and Todd on the the GH canvas.

• Members

That reinforces the fact that RC looks down on all women.

Kassie Depaiva is better and less offputting than Laura Wright. I have a hard time believing that either of their characters have female friends, even though I like Blair, and think Carly is good for (mostly unintentional) comedy. Both characters look down on all other women and degrade themselves for no reason, but Blair at least is always there for Starr.

• Members

I think if Blair runs into similarities with female characters it's more someone like Alexis (who is also a supporting character who has a brood of ungrateful kids, who has brief, silly, somewhat degrading stories with men, and is there to help drive story for a man she was once involved with). She and Carly, with good writing, would be very different, and not get along at all.

I think there are a number of Blair fans and a number of Natalie fans who never made the move. We don't hear from them because they knew not to watch. I don't blame them. I know some people used to post here and were big Natalie fans (rhinohide being one) and I'm not sure they watch the show at all, or comment on it.

I think a lot of Todd's support comes from his early days, moreso than a pairing. Howarth was on fire with some fans during the days when Todd was a monster, and then a wounded, special little angel with a greasy halo. Everything since his first exit (the "death" in Ireland) has sucked, but there's a lot of loyalty, enhanced by his leaving for a decade and returning just when Frodd had become his most impotent.

I think if FL wanted to go to GH full time, and TSJ wanted to join the show, we'd see Tea more. Carlivati wrecked OLTL's last years for Tea.

Archived