Best/Worst Soap Anniversaries

• Members

Best:

AMC's 25th Anniversary week including the Carol Burnett special.

Guiding Light's 70th Anniversary. I never even watched GL but I like that episode so much that I feel like it should have been a two hour movie.

OLTL 40th Anniversary

Worst:

AMC's 40th. They shouldn't have crammed it in one episode. They should have done what OLTL did an span it over a course of several weeks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this one is pretty untouchable. A week of great nostalgia-filled episodes guest starring so many old familiar faces, a primetime special, a coffee table book, it was a fan's dream. And the 20th anniversary was equally special in its cozy, low-key way, debuting the best opening credits sequence AMC (daytime?) ever had.

• Members

DAYS' 35th was decent. An extended episode (i.e. less commercials) with flashbacks of the current castmembers.

DAYS' 25th and 21st (weird number, I guess DAYS was officially legal in '86) were pretty remarkable. Loads of flashbacks including many actors/characters that were no longer on the show or had since been recast. The 25th anniversary special lasted for 3 episodes.

Their 30th in 1995 was non-existent. The show was on fire at the time, but no mention of the milestone aside from commercials NBC ran.

• Members

It wasnt a full week celebration but it was a very interesting and well done episode that paid tribute to the town and its history. Id hardly qualify it as one of the worst ever, especially when so many others didnt even bother to put nearly as much effort into theirs

• Members

It was better than the non-existent 45th, lol. I thought the 40th was fine--full of flashbacks weaving the current stories with reminiscing about old times. I think that's when Kate (and the audience?) found out Claire was Shawn's and Jack 'died' in that snowstorm. I thought the 35th was good also because it did a nice job of combining the old with the new.

OLTL's 40th anniversary episodes were everything and more! Though, I preferred the 10,000th episode.

AMC's 35th and 40th were very nice, too. The 40th, though, was so ambitious and for all the points they hit, there were a lot they missed.

Archived