Best/Worst Soap Anniversaries

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC's 10,000 episode bothered me when they said that Pine Valley was founded in 1870 to coincide with 1970. The little details bother me more than anything else. Another minor detail that was changed that bothered me was when they said Stuart and Adam was born in 1945 (when Stuart was shot).

• Members

GH's 30th Anniversary on April 1, 1993, was one of the best. The episode began with original cast member John Beradino welcoming viewers & thanking them for 30 years of watching. The always wonderful Faces of the Heart theme debuted as well. The episode focused on Dr. Steve Hardy (John Beradino), who is celebrating his 30th Anniversary at GH & feeling old & run down. After catching up with one of his patients from GH's original episode, Angie Costello Weeks (Jana Taylor), Steve's spirit his lifted. Through their reminisces, the first episode of GH was shown. A surprise party is underway in the cafeteria, where the entire cast at the time was present. It concluded with Beradino walking down the halls of the hospital and eventually off the set and into the dark studio.

GH's 45th Anniversary on April 1, 2008, was a typical episode of GH with nothing exciting going on or honoring the show's legacy. The closest thing you got to celebrating GH's legacy was Monica Quartermaine standing trial for running down Sam with her car when drunk behind the wheel. And in honor of 45 years, they gave us a 45 second montage of mostly Sonny/Jason clips at the very end of the episode.

• Members

Yeah, Adam/Stuart probably should have been born around 1930, give or take a few years, but they monkeyed around with his age.

However, given that Adam slept with Dixie when the character was 19, it is easier to swallow that he was 25 years older than her instead of 40 years.

For that matter, Brooke was supposedly born in 1959 (10 years younger than JB), and I like them 14 years apart vs. almost 30.

• Members

Dixie working for the Chandlers pissed off Palmer, and Adam knew it - and I think Adam enjoyed sticking it to Palmer when he had convinced Dixie to give up the baby for adoption to him and Brooke, but Adam didn't set out to get Dixie pregnant.

Dixie had a royal crush on Adam. Adam and Brooke had a terrible fight, one that could have legitimately ended their marriage. Brooke had packed her bags, but couldn't talk herself into leaving Adam. Dixie followed Adam down to the boat house. Adam had been drinking heavily, and he took Dixie to bed. He didn't want anything to do with her the next day, and was happy with her decision to leave town because he thought there would be less chance of Brooke's finding out about his one night stand. That all changed when Adam found out that Dixie was pregnant, but he never tried to deliberately get Dixie pregnant with his heir to stick it to Palmer.

• Members

Yea, GH's 30th Anniversary was pretty good. The one thing that comes immediately to my mind was the cast photo. Just about everyone (former GH stars) turned out for that photo. There was Tony Geary, Genie Francis, Tristan Rogers, Emma Samms, Jack Wagner, Kristina Wagner, Ian Buchanan, Finola Hughes, Richard Dean Anderson, etc. Wendy Riche was in the front row in the middle. On the side of her were John Beradino and Rachel Ames and on the side of them were David Lewis and Anna Lee. To me that photo said it all. Wendy Riche respected and celebrated GH's large history. I'm not sure Frank and Ron are on the same level as Riche.

Now if I could only find that photo. Anyone?

• Members

I think you're confusing two photos & merging them together. The one taken during the filming of the 30th was the one with Ames & Beradino and Lewis & Lee sitting next to Wendy Riche. The huge past & present cast photo where everyone turned out for was taken at the Ambassador Hotel for the show's 25th Anniversary.

Archived