Best/Worst Soap Anniversaries

• Members

I don't think so. Granted, I could be wrong. But I'm almost positive there was a big cast photo of the 30th. I know there was one of the 25th. Maybe I'll have to do some research. smile.png

Geary, Samms, & Wagner were in the 30th photo, but they were all on contract at the time, not past cast.

I have a B&W copy of the 30th photo. Where, I have no idea, but when I find it, I'll put on here.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For worst I have to mention ATWT's 40th, as there is an image seared in my brain of Mark and Connor having sex in a treehouse, a tacky story and relationship (she was cheating on her husband and I think he'd even built the treehouse for her). They used this in a flashback montage for the best of ATWT, days after it aired. Best of 40 years, my ass! And then they had a montage of characters and made sure to close on all of their new characters, who were gone by the end of the year.

• Members

I think you're confusing two photos & merging them together. The one taken during the filming of the 30th was the one with Ames & Beradino and Lewis & Lee sitting next to Wendy Riche. The huge past & present cast photo where everyone turned out for was taken at the Ambassador Hotel for the show's 25th Anniversary.

I'd love to see either photo!

• Members

Dixie working for the Chandlers pissed off Palmer, and Adam knew it - and I think Adam enjoyed sticking it to Palmer when he had convinced Dixie to give up the baby for adoption to him and Brooke, but Adam didn't set out to get Dixie pregnant.

Dixie had a royal crush on Adam. Adam and Brooke had a terrible fight, one that could have legitimately ended their marriage. Brooke had packed her bags, but couldn't talk herself into leaving Adam. Dixie followed Adam down to the boat house. Adam had been drinking heavily, and he took Dixie to bed. He didn't want anything to do with her the next day, and was happy with her decision to leave town because he thought there would be less chance of Brooke's finding out about his one night stand. That all changed when Adam found out that Dixie was pregnant, but he never tried to deliberately get Dixie pregnant with his heir to stick it to Palmer.

Thank you for this great explanation!

• Members

For worst I have to mention ATWT's 40th, as there is an image seared in my brain of Mark and Connor having sex in a treehouse, a tacky story and relationship (she was cheating on her husband and I think he'd even built the treehouse for her). They used this in a flashback montage for the best of ATWT, days after it aired. Best of 40 years, my ass! And then they had a montage of characters and made sure to close on all of their new characters, who were gone by the end of the year.

I don't know why the 40th anniversary gets such a bad wrap. One, every character got a close-up at the end of the montage. It showed them in order of seniority, from newest to longest tenured.

Secondly, it was nearly eight minutes in length. Surely the twenty seconds of Mark/Connor didn't negate all the historic clips shown (or was any more offensive than the Diego/Em boinkfest, which couldn't have been too much before he raped her or he was revealed as a bad guy, period. I forget.) Trying to encapsulate 40 years in eight minutes---when the video only goes back to the late 70's/early '80's---was a herculean task, and still managed to represent a good cross-section of characters and stories.

I was a lot more disappointed/disgusted with the "Divas on a Bus" and TV spoof episodes for the 50th anniversary---completely useless excercises in TV Writing For Creatively Dead HWs and the EPs With Delusions of God-hood.

I personally thought the GL anniversary where they "recreated" the radio days was stupid. With a capital S.

• Members
I personally thought the GL anniversary where they "recreated" the radio days was stupid. With a capital S.

In theory, it was a good idea (although, I probably would have confined the story just to GUIDING LIGHT's initial creation as a radio series). But the whole exercise lacked heart, something that GL's anniversaries and milestones rarely lacked.

• Members

I don't know why the 40th anniversary gets such a bad wrap. One, every character got a close-up at the end of the montage. It showed them in order of seniority, from newest to longest tenured.

Secondly, it was nearly eight minutes in length. Surely the twenty seconds of Mark/Connor didn't negate all the historic clips shown (or was any more offensive than the Diego/Em boinkfest, which couldn't have been too much before he raped her or he was revealed as a bad guy, period. I forget.) Trying to encapsulate 40 years in eight minutes---when the video only goes back to the late 70's/early '80's---was a herculean task, and still managed to represent a good cross-section of characters and stories.

I was a lot more disappointed/disgusted with the "Divas on a Bus" and TV spoof episodes for the 50th anniversary---completely useless excercises in TV Writing For Creatively Dead HWs and the EPs With Delusions of God-hood.

I wasn't watching by that time so I didn't see them. I think I saw some of the divas on a bus episode, which was kind of stupid. I still cared when the show was 40 and it just felt like a slap in the face, especially since they didn't have any returns.

Archived