GH: Sean Kanan returning

• Members

Its one of the few things GH was somewhat classy in dealing with, actually. They were firing her, B&B knew it and offered her the role, GH didnt want to look bad in the situation as her return was such a failure already and it caused behind the scenes drama, so they did it in the best way they could.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im a fan of hers as well and hated the character but I thought she sold it to me. Its the writing which was more annoying which made Claudia unbearable but the fact that she previously played Carly really was a nonfactor when I watched her bc I didnt see Carly at all. Thats where I was going with it.

• Members

Sarah Brown is a bad one to use as reference if you aren't in favor of bringing popular actors back in new roles. For her job, as an actor, she was EXCELLENT as Claudia. I never saw Carly in her portrayal and she had a new, fresh chemistry with the actors she previously worked with. Sarah Brown did amazing things with that role. If Sean Kanan could do that with Jason, I'd be in favor. On one hand I'd like AJ back, but you'll have to make another convoluted back-from-the-dead story when we already have Duke and Robin in the works. I'd rather, if they wanted to bring somebody else back, it be Emily or Justus or Georgie, who could be useful to the canvas. Long term, if Jason isn't killed, I feel he's needed on the show. A recast would make sense.

• Members

That's a writing issue. The question was if it makes sense to bring an old actor in a new role. I think she showed it could be done and Claudia had her fair share of fans as well. I also find it hard to believe the show hated the role considering how much screentime she received.

• Members

Billy Warlock may have played some important moments, but he was never AJ. Sean Kanan was by far my favorite AJ (I especially loved his affair with Crystal Carson's Julia Barrett) and good for GH for getting him back. I sincerely hope they make him AJ and they do it without making Billy Warlock's AJ a separate character.

I'm also VERY happy to hear that Kanan was given a contract. Good for him!

The Deacon character is played and has been since the writers watered him down. There's no need for him to stick around to be further liquified.

• Members

I just think Claudia was another poorly conceived character and to be honest, I haven't enjoyed her in a role since Carly. And I've given her a chance. I'm just not interested anymore in seeing her on a soap again. I think she's an actress who had a real spark at one time that's just not there anymore and she's certainly not worth any of the hype anymore. But then who is.

• Members

Claudia could have been great, but writers just don't have the focus or the drive to really sink their teeth into stories or characters. Claudia could have worked, and Sarah only began having problems when Michael was shot, which was kind of foolish if you ask me. Michael was not the target. She came on as a mob princess, so what did SB think the character would be doing? I think her real issue was with what Claudia later became in regards to Sonny. She was so pathetic! And I agree, SB has not made an impression since Carly in the 96 ( I think). Perhaps that was all she has to offer this industry. Didn't like her sociopath Carly, but she was good once upon a time.

• Members

And I would agree with her. Claudia grovelling for the Magic Penis to love her while he called her "whore" and worse was awful and belittling to watch. Especially since we had Papa Zacchara and the Sonny's stepdad (forgot his name) calling her the same thing. I actually liked and sympathized with Claudia, even (especially?) after she put DemonSpawn in a coma.

• Members

Carly and Sarah were a perfect match of actor and character and the beauty at that time is that the writing followed her strengths and growth as an actress at that time. Since then, she's not impressed me in any role. She's a decent actress but what made her special as Carly just can't be replicated and I was once her biggest cheerleader. Her recent stint on Days lost me as a Sarah shipper. The writing was not good but she also just didn work in the role and didn't fit the show.

• Members

What you said, though I'll be mad as hell if SK isn't reprising his role as the real AJQ. Sure, SK's a better actor than the roided goiter and would most likely add the layers that have missing since Jason was Quartermaine, but I'd much rather see him back in his original glory to kick ass and take names as AJ should've done to those two remaining rat bastards years ago.

• Members

I'd be pretty mad too and I HATE the idea of him coming on as Jason. It's just another insult to long-time viewers' intelligence and makes no sense.

It's all speculation at this point though, isn't it? All we know is that he's back and on contract. I think all this mystery is meant to make us think he could possibly be playing Jason. I just hope TPTB are smarter than that and won't actually go through with it.

Archived