Will GH new timeslot affect the ratings?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. The only problem I have with GH now is just that the stories suck for the most part. The characters however are starting to blossom and bloom again in ways I never thought they would post Guza. The cast/canvas is becoming more and more likable (and viable) for the first time in years. It feels like every person matters. That's a damn miracle. I can tune into the show and not want to throw bricks at Jason and Liz. The regime has done a great thing in making these characters viable again and making me care about what happens to a lot of these characters I hated or was ambivalent about when Guza was in house. I felt that Guza burned and then salted the earth in his goal to make the show revolve around Jarson and it destroyed and burned bridges with a lot of it's characters in order to fit the company policy. Even if I don't like the stories these characters are in, I am starting to care about these people once more and that is worth it's weight in gold. The only thing I could ask for is better plotted, thought out and more interesting stories. But hey, I'll take this over what I had before.

• Members

I'd say all three of them are on the same level of sucky writing just with different favorites. The stories suck right now, the dialogue is high school writing class level, before the characters were just polarizing now they are pods with no development whatsoever, no real motivation, production values are cheaper than cheap.

• Members

Jumping timeslots hasn't hurt ABC Daytime's General Hospital. In fact, the sudser was up a whopping four-tenths of a point over its Monday household numbers for the most recent ratings cycle. According to TV Media Insights, GH hit an impressive 2.5/8 in households on Monday. Comparatively, GH averaged a 2.0 for the week of August 27-31.

Considering none of the vehicles ABC Daytime or ABC News have developed to replace soaps have done business anywhere near this impressive (As if, Good Afternoon America!), it's clear GH is the Mouse House's best bet as a longterm lead-in for Katie on ABC-owned and operated networks. Good job, Team GH!

From DC

Archived