GH: OFFICIAL 20+ Year Vet Out!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed him with Blair (I was on an OLTL break for most of his time before then), and didn't mind him after that, until the ugly stuff with Natalie and Marty in 2009 and 2010. I've never gotten over it, especially the scenes where Kelly and Natalie were near-death in the hospital and Dorian had to go comfort John over his pain.

I just don't think he's brought anything to GH, and I see no chemistry with his fellow dramatic whisperer, Kelly Monaco. Every time they are together I expect Lindsay Wagner to ask for their sleep number.

• Members

I've never seen Steve Burton be capable of human emotions onscreen. Not that I watch GH that much. But that's the point. I'm so glad to see him go, but GH will still suck even without him. It's bad when my favorite characters are people like Todd and Johnny, and that's mostly down to RH and BB.

Jason wouldn't work even if he was played by an actor capable of human emotions. At least I can laugh at Easton's blank stares and lip pursing. Burton just bores or enrages me. And John can be snarky. Jason, not so much.

• Members

Oh hon, I'm not arguing with you. I love ME but McBain is just an older, drunker version of Ryan Lavery in my book. Any attachment I had to the character is long gone. I actually enjoy your John McBain put-downs. You have the same clarity of hatred for him that I had for Greenlee on AMC.

I can't imagine what backstage at GH has been like these last few months with ME, RH, SB and MB. All those alpha dogs in one place would scare even Michael Vick. That place has probably been an ocean of passive-aggression. All those "We're just a big happy family!! Really we are! WE ARE!" interviews just drip with desperation.

• Members

Not to digress but I've never understood the love for ME. But then I've only seen him on OLTL. I've never seen him in other roles so perhaps once upon a time he had some magnetism and sexuality about him. John McBain just seems like a greasy deadbeat. I admit I never liked Burton. Sean Kanaan was always better as AJ.

• Members

Not to mention Tony Geary.

I think most of them have probably seen the writing on the wall and are just keeping their paychecks while they can, if they want to stay in the industry (which clearly some don't - I can't blame them). We never heard a peep from Benard or Geary about quitting when Guza left, in spite of their saying over and over that they would.

Archived