GH: OFFICIAL 20+ Year Vet Out!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad to hear this news and as much as many people on here might thing Jason/SB are useless, the reality is that both the character and the actor have a lot of fans that will miss him. I am curious to know where they will go from here, since this is the first truly central actor who I have seen leave in a long time. If they don't recast, I'm sure that a LOT of story possibilities are being reconsidered.

• Members

Craptini all ready know how they are going to proceed. After all, they planned this from day one. The systematic destruction of JaSam (whom I loathe) was a clear sign. Jason would NEVER suggest his wife give up her kid. He would be there for his raped wife, and she would never know that he had any resentments. Jason would have loved that kid regardless of the father. That is who Jason is! And of course, he had to look worse than PigPen who walks out on the child he should have never fathered in the first place over a ridiculous non vendetta with Sonny? This was in the works, but they could not risk getting rid of Steve, so Hack n Hack needed him to quit. Mission accomplished!

• Members

Ten years too late, but better late than never. One of the few times that I can say that I actually saw something coming. I could tell from jump that Burton was not happy about ME's presence on GH. John pushed Jason to the side.

• Members

I will add if I had to choose between Benard and Burton, I would choose Benard who I think will stay to the end. There is no reason for him to leave. He is the king of his little pond and he has not run a ponzi scheme like Burton to get rich.

• Members

I think this is a big loss for General Hospital, I'm not a huge Steve Burton fan or a Jason hater by far, but yeah, this is a guy who has been front and center for nearly 20 years - it's going to be an adjustment for the show and for diehard fans. I hope they wrap Jason's story up to the best of their ability (sounds like he's going to give them a few more weeks), besides that I definitely wish him the best!

Archived