GH: OFFICIAL 20+ Year Vet Out!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, the first time I heard the name "Monavie," I thought it was another one of Bob Guza, Jr.'s ridiculous umbrella mysteries on GH. Then, I learned what it all was about and I thought, "Nah, not even Guza could come up with [!@#$%^&*] that whack!"

• Members

GH needed this exit. I actually think Jason was more of a threat to this shows survival then Sonny was at Jason's peak of story (06-07). I think Sonny is still needed though and is an integral part of story here. He is connected to many different characters and it would be hard to kill him off or write him out considering all of his children, his many relationships and his ties to all of the key players on GH. Jason and Carly should both go, since they don't really matter anymore. It may take much longer to write Sonny out and diminish his role meaningfully. I will say that the casting of OLTL characters has been a blessing in disguise as it finally diminished the choke hold the terrible threesome had on this show for well over a decade. Had they not come on we would no doubt still be in the middle of the Sonny, Carly and Jason hour. Even though I wish the OLTL stories would end I recognize it for the gift that it is, a transition for the show to come out of the mob centrality it has been in since the turn of the century.

• Members

If anyone here goes the TWOP (Television Without Pity) forums, several pages in on the Soap Dish thread (which is now closed--it got too off-topic, I guess) a whole conversation about Monavie and SBu's involvement begins. It became a huge in-joke on that thread afterwards smile.png .

He's not the only one involved, either--BA, NL,and BH's husband, among a few others (the guy who plays Max, for example) have been involved with it, too.

It's on the second page of the Soap Operas forum at TWOP.

ETA: Tropicana wound up pulling its ads from GH after SBu/BA got in trouble for plugging MonaVie on the show (all but naming it in scenes).

• Members

Like I said before, I am fine with Benard staying. However, this should open the door to push Scott Reeves and Bradford Anderson out. Burton was a major reason that they got and/or kept their useless roles.

BTW, James Franco's insistence on working with talentLESS hacks like Phelps and Burton explains why his career appears mired in mediocrity.

ETA: That should be "talentless." I would never describe any of them as talented.

Archived