B&B Ridge??

• Members

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/08/27/bold-and-beautiful-buzz-is-sean-kanan-coming-back-peter-reckell-being-considered-for-ridg

The Bold and the Beautiful has more behind-the-scenes scandal going on right now than during the Kennedy White House. Could all of the shake-ups lead to a renewed focus on B&B's grown-and-sexy set again? A couple of items in the latest Soap Opera Digest offer a smidge of hope — and no I don't mean Logan!

First off, buried in the article about Ronn Moss' exit, there's a mention of "speculation" about formerDays of Our Lives star Peter Reckell as a potential Ridge recast. It certainly wouldn't be the first time B&B snatched up an actor on the heels of a DAYS exit. Do the names Joe Mascolo and Brandon Beemer bell a ring, er ring a bell?

Next up is an item is the mag's popular "Stuff We Know (And Shouldn't Tell You)" section stating the word is out about Sean Kanan once again reprising the role of Deacon Sharpe. Can you say hell-to-the-yes?!

Would you be able to accept Reckell as a Ridge recast? Let us know how you feel in the comments!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They could get years of story out of killing Ridge off. It just makes no sense to not go that route if Ronn is leaving and they can do it in a way that would allow him to return if the future if he chooses. And they could use something to amp up their storytelling, its been nothing but love triangles and instant marriages for years.

• Members

I wouldn't recast right away even if it is with a "name" actor.

Not that I watch B&B, except an episode here and there, but I personally would do a mystery story where Ridge literally disappears from LA. I'd do it so that not even Brooke or any of the Forresters know why and make it a story that involves all of them tracking down what happened to him. This would give time to either A.) get Ronn Moss to reconsider B.) decide to "kill off" the character after he's been out of the spotlight already for a while or C.) then recast with someone after Ronn has been absent for a while. This could easily be a six-month story arc if done well and weave Felicia and Kristen in and out of the story at times. This would allow the character of Ridge and the Forresters to stay in the forefront even without Ronn Moss onscreen.

• Members

I'm hoping that Thorne will finally get out of the basement. Ridge is the character I've always made fun of. They should just let it go but I'm open. I like Peter Reckell. I can't really say until I see it with my eyes. It could work out great or it could be a disaster.

Archived