Soaps and Casting Families (Looks/Resemblances)

• Members

What casting in soaps--either whole families or particular characters in general--were you particularly impressed or noticed the physical/visual resemblance, where you could buy them being related to one another, and conversely, what are some examples where, no matter what, you couldn't even PRETEND that they were supposed to be related by blood?

Discuss.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan Lucci and Alicia Minshew looked like they could be mother and daughter IRL. Also same with Susan Lucci and Christina Bennett Lind

Couldn't believe were ever related. Jennifer Bassey's Marian and Jamie Luner's Liza

Also ER's Heather and Paul on Y&R for couldn't believe would ever be related physically

• Members

While Sandra P. Grant sort of favored Nathan Purdee, Ellen Bethea was the perfect blend of Nathan and HBS.

I thought the little boy who played Nate on Y&R was well cast as Nathan and Olivia's son.

Brian Gaskill does resemble a mix of Taylor Miller and Peter Bergman, though, oop, Bobby's actually Sybil's baby. I guess it still works.

Same goes for Adam Mayfield's resemblance to David Canary even though the characters weren't blood related.

• Members

Lesley-Anne Down (Jackie) and Jack Wagner (Nick) on B&B were completely miscast as mother and son.

The only ones I found convincing as being related were Taylor/Steffy, Kimberly/Macy, Amber/Becky/Tawny, Stephanie/Kristen #1, Bridget (Jennifer Finnigan)/Rick (Justin Torkildsen), and Brooke/Rick (played by Jacob Young).

• Members

To riff on this idea a little, Susan Lucci and Anna Stuart, and Robin Strasser and Elaine Princi (and any combination of the four, really) could have played sisters. Robins Strasser and Christopher could have played mother and daughter.

• Members

Speaking of RH, I liked Marg Helgenberger a lot, but she looked nothing like Gallagher/Barrow. The wonderful Sarah Felder looked more like she could be related to them. On AMC, the relatives they gave Irrizary's David looked nothing like him. Josh and Alexa didn't have any of his ethnic features. I do think they did a great job casting the Santos siblings (of course except for the teenage Rose who looked 35 LOL).

Archived