Best Soap Opera Theme

• Members

It originally aired at 5PM but then someone had the bright idea to put it on at 6AM! I had to set my alarm clock to about 5:30 or so to watch it and yes I did!

My ass watched this show too...lol

I aint gonna lie, seeing SMG on AMC after loving her on Swan's Crossing is what had me tuned into AMC at the time

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL Cheap, Fifteen was such a guilty pleasure! I watched it every Sunday afternoon after church and Sunday dinner. It's all available on iTunes. I'm going to rewatch the whole series someday soon. But it lost a lot when Brooke (Robyn Ross) left after the second season. She was my favorite. But the rich bitch always is.

• Members

Santa Barbara is one of my all-time favorites.

However, nothing really tops Edge's 70s theme. It was an era when each show had a clear-cut theme (and Edge's was a lot of mystery and crime). So the camera zooming in on the city, the sky darkening and Hal SImms announcing "Theeeee Edddddddge... of Night" was perfect for the era.

• Members

Has anyone mentioned Falcon Crest? I truly love them all, but I think that was Bill Conti's best primetime soap theme, better than Dynasty, better than Emerald Point N.A.S., better than The Colbys (which was a reworking of Emerald Point, if you ask me).

• Members

Is it the swampy atmosphere or the fact that I will stan for Flamingo Road until I die? Either way, I'll take the association!!

Here are some of my favorites that haven't been posted already, though I absolutely LOVE most of the ones you've all discussed. Special mention goes out to Paper Dolls (the models at the beginning! Brenda Vaccaro throwing her hands up! Dack Rambo in the coat! Morgan Fairchild!), the Howards Way closing (I'd get down to that in the club), the One Life to Live sunrise/clouds opening (favorite US daytime soap opening of all time), and AMC's "gold" opening.

Scottish soap Take the High Road's late 80s opening. I'm a sucker for strings and aerial shots.

The Hollyoaks opening from when the show was on BBC America, even though most of the characters in it were dead or off the show during the actual episodes:

GL's last real "lighthouse" opening, with an extremely bombastic theme (and Joan Collins):

And of course, the slow-moving, old-fashioned Coronation Street opening. They revised this because the producers thought it had too many shots and moved too fast for the show.

• Members

I like that Hollyoaks opening. They also had one before that which looks a little like a movie reel.

I will always love the old school Corrie openings. The new one is [!@#$%^&*], much like the show itself.

I love their closing theme from the old days. This was a very short-lived closing which panned to all the homes. I liked this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDCLy4j4mow

• Members

I loved it too! I didnt care for the one Alvin posted..the one that has the beach with only names and no pictures...just so cheap...lol

Ugh...hated everything about this soap from the soap itself to the theme music and graphics to its writers and EP......lol

Yes they did....I think GL was the best out of all the soaps.

Love the variation from 84 to 93. I am not sure which year I liked best...each year had a slight tweek in the on and on theme.......

I think all my favorites have been posted from GL, ATWT, OLTL, and Y&R...

I will say now I know why I didnt like AW.....the show seemed so outdated and so were their themes and openings...the painted one Alvin mentioned was just awful and looked so tacky and cheap.....I loved the one Errol posted...it took them that long for AW to get hip....lol

• Members

My last favorite opening of ATWT was the flush opening as everyone would call it. After that the themes went downhill just like the writing did. I didnt care for the ones Errol posted of ATWT....the blue or orange background..music was too slow for my tastes and the cornfield one was just dreadful.

• Members

I disliked the 1993-2000 one so much (it depressed me and reminded me of when the show died) that none of the later ones bothered me, although the toilet flush one was annoying as hell and too rushed.

The closing credits for Jelinda's Theme were just right. I do not believe it was suitable for an opening theme, at all.

How can we forget?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDtlEBPWUpA

Archived