Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Members

Ratings aren't good. The Demos are hard to get, but total viewers for each episode have been released. Hollywood Heights has yet to reach a million viewers in total viewers, while Disney Channel, Nick's main competition usually get between 2-3 million viewers in that same timeslot (it's often the last half hour of a Disney Movie or a Disney sitcom rerun).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reading Jeanne Cooper's latest interview (quite good actually http://smashinginterviews.com/interviews/authors/jeanne-cooper-interview-memoir-details-troubled-marriage-sexual-abuse-and-hollywoods-golden-age/ ) this is what she says re: Jess Walton...I don't think it sounds all that promising or definitive.

Melissa Parker (Smashing Interviews Magazine): Will Jess Walton return to Y&R?

Jeanne Cooper: She left that so open, but in the meantime, they haven’t said, “You’re coming back.” I miss her like mad. Of course, I miss that whole relationship with Jill and Katherine. Nobody can have fights like the two of them.

• Members

Aside from MTS, most of Y&R's over 40 actresses are dead weight.

That's the biggest problem with Y&R - there's nothing left to save. All her other soaps, before she demolished them, still had potential (even GH, which I was bored to tears with years before she came in). Y&R has none.

As for Alden, I thought her first year as headwriter was Y&R's last truly good year (1998). But once the Billy/Mac stuff started, and then the sperm story, I just couldn't watch.

• Members

Then you hated the years previous to her ascension as well because Alden was intrinsic to Bill Bell's storyline writing. And Bill supervised the show for several years after he ceased to be HW.

Alden is the ONLY one who could write this show into any semblance of what it once was. She won't leave B&B though, that's a happy set and a happy show.

Archived