Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R will never be back to where it was at this point, even if some of the old guard came back. Too much damage has been done and too much has changed in the daytime landscape for it to ever fully recover.

So, I say, let Jill run wild with the show. It can't get any worse (or better) at this point.

I'll say one thing about her, she's not boring, like Maria Arena Bell, Sheffer, and Hamner are. And hey, at least the directing on the show will now look fantastic...

If this is true, I'll tune in to take a peak to see what she's doing, but I for one will never be able to watch or stomach this show consistently again.

• Members

Sony wanting control of Y&R speak volumes on so many levels. JFP and MAB will never work. That work environment woudl be to tense. The scariest part is MAB and HS alone together. I welcome JFP at this time. I don't even watch this show any more. But I'm glad some one has woken up. Kudos to Sony for getting the ball rolling.

• Members

You mean the shwo wasn't Y&R today with Daisy Duke and Gary Ewing as a couple. The new great couple of Adam and whats her name. Genieva and whats his name from Days...or The Fresh Prince's sister at a pool party....again...now why would you say Y&R has been destoryed...maybe because it took a long time to figure out who the hell everyone was and not seeing one vet on except Katherine and Ashley who had like one line the whole show....lol

• Members

Honestly Maria Arena Bell has been horrid at Y&R. As a head writer shes been mediocre at best but an executive producer she has been absolutely horrible. No vision, a complete lack of experience and once Paul Rauch left it was clear Rauch is what kept Y&R afloat. JFP is a mixed bag when she has lots of creative control. GL/SB she had creative control with great head writers it helped. On AW/OLTL it was all JFP and AW IMO she had brighter moments. OLTL was just awful under her. GH IMO first year her vision tanked with McTavish but it became clear over years JFP was figurehead for Guza's vision. At Y&R I wonder what she will do. Maria/Jill working together won't last.

• Members

A lot of you guys are all saying "Well, at least she can't be as bad as MAB/whoever." And Jill always is. She always ends up being even worse.

Somebody posited cutting all the "dead weight" over-40 actresses, MTS aside. Speaking for myself, I enjoy watching those actresses, even Granny Chancellor who has been written completely OOC for a couple of years now. But, hey, don't worry, I am sure you will get your wish! JFP hates "old women."

Basically, JFP is going to gut this show like a turkey in November and try and turn it into a generic ABC hybrid. And we all know what happened to the ABC soaps, don't we?

As for Hamner leaving, he is actually the best technician out of the three HWs. I'm willing to bet the current well-plotted umbrella story featuring Paul/Christine/Phyllis etc., is his work. Which would explain why he wants a break now after working hard. So, if he's leaving, that is more bad news. Sheffer is the real problem, and MAB may go through boring periods, but she just needs the right HW to interpret her vague SL ideas (somebody like Kay Alden, or even Beth Millstein & Ann Schloette who are solid, careful writers charged with writing Days' transition months before Sheffer -- months which were amazing).

I am completely depressed by this. JFP may love Robin Christopher and all, but she is a Showkiller. Showkiller!

Archived