Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are buddies from ATWT though aren't they (I think they overlapped for a while?)?

Although I guess the press release would be more likely to mention that Sheffer was remaining as co-HW than mentioning that he was canned. And he wasn't mentioned so....

• Members

I don't mind Jill so much, but Josh Griffith writing is a HUGE WTF, given what the show decended to the last time he was in charge (though he and Maria were in conflict all the time then).

Griffith has never done well as a HW, like at all...

I guess the talented Owen Renfroe will be joining as a director, and Mary O'Leary will be a producer.

I'm most excited at seeing Jill work with Mike Denney, she's always been a great collaborator with directors. Noel Maxam directed some episodes of Hollywood Heights, so I expect him to stay.

Sally Suckass Moron-a, I mean Sally Sussman Morina must be on her way back too, given the Hollywood Heights connection....

• Members

Jamey_Giddens@Jamey_Giddens

Anybody over 40 at #YoungAndRestless better start clipping coupons...

MAB reportedly called a top #YoungAndRestless star in hysterical tears earlier today

MAB never treated this job seriously. Heard from numerous sources Sony TV was ticked at how often she was unavailable or off set.

Sony TV is hella impressed with what Jill and Josh have done with #HollywoodHeights and on the cheap.

• Members

Griffith's Y&R was quite boring, but I'm wondering what he'll do this time for the show without Maria at his side.

I'm glad MAB is out, hopefully along with Sheffer. However, this does not resurrect my faith in the show because it could always get worse - and probably will.

• Administrator

Yup, I'll bet on those additions too. And Dominic Messinger will probably join as a composer. I'll be sad if Jack Allocco and David Kurtz are fired.

Another sure bet is Michael Conforti joining as a BDW.

Maybe Rick Hearst joins a character who Matt Clarke stole his face from.

Noel directing some episodes of HH is a good sign that he'll stay. I just hope Mike Denney and Sally McDonald won't be fired. I could see Sally being demoted to make room for Mary O'Leary though.

• Members

She can fire Stephen Nichols again too.

I will never watch this show consistently again, but will tune in from time to time to access what Jill is doing.

I don't care about the characters or stories anymore. Maria and her henchmen broke my faith forever regarding this show.

Archived