Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Members

I guess my question was more targeted to folks who believe Alden or Smith could somehow restore the Y&R of old when there seems to be a consensus that show and its dynamics is history. I don't like McTavish but that has nothing to do with whether she has the ability for a time to make the show at least entertaining again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Kay Alden did a phenomenal job of story pacing and structure and payoffs in 1998-early 1999. If we got that Alden back, and not the one who had a story about women stealing Victor's sperm, or about frowning and depressed teenagers, then I'd be happy.

• Members

Interesting that she won't be staying on as a "figurehead" but goes along with Jamey saying the SONY wants full control of Y&R. I wonder how the Bells will take being pushed out? I may not have liked MAB, but I'm not sure if I want the Bells completely pushed out either.

• Members

I'm not sure what role the Bells even have on Y&R now. Maybe they keep Jeanne Cooper around. If so, I appreciate that, but the rest of the show has burnt to a crisp.

Yeah, the Veronica story was a leftover from Bill Bell. I do think some of the others were her ideas (Katherine/Jill fighting over the house, Carl Williams returning).

• Members

If would have agreed if Bill Bell were alive and well, but he's not, and his family sure as hell haven't known what to do with this show since he died.

I don't fully trust Sony either, but the fact that they see something is wrong with the show and are trying to change things says more to me than Maria and the Bell's blind ignorance.

Archived