Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'd rather be on MAB's sinking ship than JFP's sinking ship. Bringing another outsider reminds me of LML who tried to make Y&R her own style, and fired all those long time Y&R vets. Scott "Murder Mystery" Hamner leaving is great news, but Hogan needs to go too. I would've liked to see MAB working along side Y&R vets like Alden.

• Administrator

MAB makes wrong decisions but I do believe she truly cares about the show - it's part of her family. To LML and to JFP, Y&R is just another show. MAB also brought back Y&R vets like Mike Denney, Noel Maxam, Janice Ferri and promoted Sally McDonald. Also, Y&R's dark background music returned from LML's "rock and roll" background music.

• Members

To me a lot of that is surface changes. I think if she cared about the show then decisions like separating Katherine and Jill, having Adam as a psycho, having Diane brutally murdered with everyone saying she deserved it, aging the young characters 20 years for no apparent reason, etc. never would have happened.

• Members

Jamey Giddens: Sony and various regimes at CBS didn't agree with her (MAB) and neither did at least two of the Bell siblings, so I hear.

Now that's interesting. I wonder which two Bells did like MAB? Brad never seems to talk about Y&R or mention MAB ever, so he could be one.

• Administrator

I think you can still make horendous decisions and still care about the show (ie. MAB, Corday, Brad Bell, Kay Alden, Jack Smith). Then there are others where the show is just a job to them and once they leave, they won't look back (ie. LML, JFP).

Archived