Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Members

For me it's just not about the actresses at this point. I loved Lauren a long time ago, but she is barely on the show now. I will always have a soft spot for Sharon, but I can't watch her now. I don't see Michelle Stafford in as negative a light as many do, but I think Phyllis has been ruined as a character and it's going to take a long time to fix her.

I'm not counting guest stars like Christine or Nina, who seems to have become even more irrelevant than I thought possible with a child on the canvas. They will be gone again soon.

So that leaves Genevieve, Gloria, Katherine...I would certainly be furious if they got rid of Katherine until Jeanne Cooper wants to go. Judith Chapman is a real spark plug but to me Gloria is just window dressing. Genevieve we've already gone over.

This show is the first which JFP would be involved with where I don't see any over-40 actresses who are a backbone of the show, aside from Jeanne, and MTS. And like I said, I do think she'll probably run MTS off, which would annoy me greatly.

Oh, I forgot about YoHarmony. I don't see any real future for her on the show.

I didn't really watch Y&R when he was with LML but I thought his storytelling on PC was a fiasco. Y&R stuff I mostly remember Hightower, and the endless trials Sharon and Victor went through, although maybe that was Sheffer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh- she's killed every soap I've loved thus far except Y&R, so I guess she'll get her chance now to ruin it too.

I would love if she brought Robin Christopher on though, but please keep Kale Brown away!

What stories did he write at PC? I see he was there from 1997 to 1999- was that before all the supernatural stuff started? It's been so long I can't remember.

• Members

I get that this show's rendering of females, ANY female, is a hot mess. Please -- go look at threads marked Y&R! I am bitching about that situation all the time. I truly WANT it fixed. I want the whole show improved!

But it makes me sad that somebody like MTS or JC might be so easily dismissed -- by any EP. And everybody is just so blasé and accepting of it -- *shrug* "That's JFP for you." And that is my point, I guess. We all KNOW how JFP is going to change things. Because she has NEVER gone to a show and taken account of its core identity. She has always changed things to suit HER interests and wants, never the audiences'. Oooo, let's make AW more like ER! Let's make GH more like The Sopranos! More like Grey's Anatomy! The only time she consults "the viewers" is when she wants to get somebody fired, and even then they are just strategically-chosen "focus groups."

I am willing to eat my words, believe me. But I fear I won't.

• Members

He wrote a story about psychic spies involving Victor Collins, and a little person, and some other people, that was named worst of the year by SOD. He wrote the story where Lucy was amnesiac and DV Bordiso, who was just introduced as a big villain, romanced her and essentially raped her, as he convinced her that she was his wife. He wrote a story where Frank began stalking Karen and spying on her with a telescope and putting panties in Joe's apartment so Karen would think he was cheating. He also made DV Scott's father, even though the actors were way too close in age.

I stopped watching PC at that time, due to his writing.

• Members

I definitely wouldn't accept it if she fired Jeanne Cooper. I'm deluding myself into thinking she won't, but if she did, I'd be angry.

I'd be angry if she got rid of MTS, but they've been trying to get rid of MTS for several years.

There is a certain feeling of hopelessness with Y&R because MAB was paraded through town as the show's savior, and as Bill Bell's heir. Then she went along with decision after decision which would have made Bill Bell sick. So that is probably the main reason you aren't seeing more anger. Viewers invested themselves in this incredible PR campaign from a Bell and got punched in the face. Now they are less likely to care, or react.

Believe me, I spent years telling people about how JFP would ruin their show. It's just that we now seem to be in a place where so little of Y&R is left to ruin.

• Members

That was him? Ugh. I remember that. That was also around the same time Lucy almost got Serena killed by accidentally blowing up a car with them in it or something right? I moved right after that to somewhere that didn't have PC and then the next time I got to see the show, it had been invaded by Michael Easton, Thorsten Kaye, supernatural stuff and Lucy had some kid I'd never seen before (and I could never figure out if the kid belonged to Scott or Kevin) and then it got cancelled.

• Members

That was about six months or so earlier, yes. The blinding Serena story, one of the worst ever on a soap, was done by LML. Quite a duo there.

The little girl was Christina, Julie's biological child. Julie gave her to Lucy and Scott, took her back and left town, then gave her back to Lucy a year or so later because she learned she was dying.

• Members

I get where you are coming from. I am coming from that same place. I, too, was burned with the whole "OMG! She's a Bell!" business.

I just needed to vent my utter powerlessness about JFP, because she ruined GH for me and now she's in at another soap I actually love (or loved). The only thing worse would be if she brought Guza or Kreizman or both along for the ride.

DC says this is Sony's attack on the Bells to wrest financial and creative control of Y&R once and for all. I pray Lee Philip Bell slings on some giant clip-on earrings and a Chanel suit and goes into battle.

• Members

Kriezman has been working for GH for months now as script writer. And I doubt she'd being on Guza.

Y&R really went on the decline for me when LML was in charge and MAB has basically gutted the show. Sony got rid of MTS and had to bring her back and right now Nikki doesn't have a story outside of holding Jack's hand and Katherine is a holiday and wedding's special (Did you know she's an ordained minister?) Jill is gone. At one point they were shoving her aside for that awful Jen and then JW decided to go on a 6 month leave with no real return in sight. I think Jill was written off as leaving to take care of Phillip. Ashley's leaving town and ED has to go play savior to DAYS. Cricket and Nina are visitors. I can't remember Tracy's last visit and Lauren is barely ever on. Everyone else is just expendable after that.

This is also the first time in months I've seen a large passionate discussion about Y&R.

• Members

Funny thing is Erika Slezak adored JFP and stated it in her interviews. Erika was big front and center with Ben/Blondie and a very popular coupling even though the storyline IMO was Jill's real life fantasy with Mark Derwin.

SONY has already taken over a big reason why Victoria Rowell never returned. Its funny Steve Kent/JFP worked together at Santa Barbara and he hired her for HH. Only inevitable that she would take over LOL.

Archived