Friends who should have been enemies and vice versa?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly became friends with Emily and Rose after that spa debacle around 2001-02. I know Rose was killed shortly after that, but what happened to the Carly/Emily friendship, if anything? I didn't tune back in till the last 6 months or so of the show and they didn't have any scenes together as I recall.

I didn't think the occasional Viki/Dorian friendship made any sense at all, nor would I ever buy a Katherine/Jill friendship (I never saw the thawing of their relationship a few years ago although I don't know where it stands now) because the bad blood over YEARS would make it impossible. Not to mention some of it would be a show-stopper in any type of reconciliation. But then again, Rachel Cory married Carl Hutchins on AW even though he tried to have her and her husband killed so that might take the cake.

• Members

The same goes for Brooke and Stephanie on B&B. After all they've done to each other over the years any friendship between them just doesn't make sense. I realize Brooke has, in a way, always wanted Stephanie's approval, but still.... Would anyone really want the approval of a woman who repeatedly humiliated and insulted you, tried to take your children from you, bullied and physically abused you ,and who played a part, however small, in events resulting in you getting raped?

• Members

I think in latter years Viki and Dorian worked better as friends than enemy. Thwy're fighting became so juvenile and nonsensical that the things thrown at then felt so trivial. I appreciated when they came together as two mature professional women and supported each other. Their last story together teaming up against Echo made perfect sense and gave us some really great scenes

• Members

I think a Rachel and Alice friendship could have made sense if Alice had stuck around. Rachel had matured as a character and had worked to make amends to those she hurt. I don't know if I could buy them as BFFs but could see them having a cordial, warm friendship. I agree with Cheap that Viki & Dorian's "enemy-hood" was past its expiration point but I don't see Dorian as having matured as a character. At least from what I saw. The two biggest stories I can think of that she had in the past few years was pretending to be a lesbian to win an election and willingness to let Clint die unless he fessed up in the Echo saga. As the apparent villain in the Viki-Dorian wars, I think she would have needed to show some growth or remorse in order for a friendship with Viki to develop. At best, I think tolerance of Dorian would have been the only thing Viki would have been able to muster.

• Members

I saw no reason for Dorian to hate Echo upon her return to Llanview and I certainly saw no reason for her to befriend Viki in her hatred of Echo. Nothing about the writing with this story made sense. The actresses were great in their scenes together but the story didn't make sense to me.

• Members

It's not as if Brooke was an innocent victim. She had an affair with Stephanie's husband which resulted in Rick. Not to mention that she tried to force Caroline out of Ridge's life to take the spot herself. Stephanie loved Caroline. And later on, Brooke decided she wanted Ridge back when he had moved on with Taylor.

Why would Stephanie want a friendship with her? And I haven't even mentioned that Brooke's mother had a relationship with Eric too. Stephanie never decided to hate those Logans out of the blue. There were reasons. Eric was of course the most guilty, as was Stephanie herself. But you don't want any woman who doesn't care if the man is already married sticking her nose into your business when your have obsticles to overcome in a marriage.

And when Brooke stole Forrester Creations after a stupid technicality, that was pretty much IT.

Brooke has spent years and years trying to get Stephanie's approval. So of course she wants the friendship with Stephanie. It's Stephanie who has done the 180.

Must say that I found Stephanie and Katie an interesting friendship on B&B when Heather Tom first joined B&B. Stephanie making friends with a Logan. I liked their scenes when Katie was shot and had to get that heart transplant.

• Members

I'm sorry but the idea that Angie had to experience KWAK's evil bullshit first hand doesn't work for me. Angie wasn't illiterate. She could read a newspaper. She also had a pretty strog moral compass. The only reason she didn't know what Krystal did was because the writers didn't want her to. I didn't expect her to burn KWAK at the stake but the idea that Angie would ever become BFF's that low rent, baby-stealing, liar doesn't fly.

• Members

Who said anything about Brooke being an innocent victim? I said "after all they've done to each other".

But what Brooke has done to Stephanie pales in comparison to what Stephanie has done to Brooke.

And Brooke didn't steal Forrester Creations. She was quite willing to sign over the rights to BeLief until she found out the lengths the Forrester family had gone to to manipulate and deceive her.

• Members

Carly and Emily became victims of ATWT's bizarre storyline "groupings" where some characters NEVER interacted with one another. Carly and Jack were in one world; Emily, Paul, Meg in another. Only Holden seemed to bridge the two on occasion.

• Members

I always thought Babe and Amanda should have been rivals for a longer period of time, but they changed that rather quickly and made Amanda one of Babe's strays that she felt compelled to help. I thought they were good rivals for each other though, but that ended pretty quickly because Babe was so understanding and forgiving.

Angie wasn't there for Krystal's messy periods, she would have no reason to judge Krystal because Krystal at that point had forsaken her skanky ways and was for the most part a respectable adult. She was also the one person who was supporting Angie during her and Jessie's reunion period and Papal/Gardner trying to kill her entire family.

I agree I can understand Krystal/Opal and Krystal/Erica but Krystal and Angie made sense considering all Krystal did to help her. It wouldn't make sense for Angie to hate Krystal considering she was down with her whenever Angie needed to do something for Frankie or Jessie. The babyswitch was also largely forgotten about by that time and was distanced during B&E's era.

• Members

Y&R: I never really brought Chloe and Amber as friends, and that goodbye from a couple years back just seemed so awkward.

I agree though that Lauren and Phyllis probably would have been better as enemies, I still wonder how Lauren would have dealt with the Phyllis of 1994-1995. She was kind of in her orbit a little i read, but Lauren wasn't really on that much anyways in 1995.

I know they were neither friends nor enemies but I often wondered if a Lauren/Dru friendship would have worked? I guess because Dru stole from Fenmores when she first came on the show, so even though Lauren was dealing with Sheila and was still self-obsessed, I think it would have been nice if Lauren had a real female friend during that whole drama.

B&B-Stephanie and Taylor were great as enemies during the earlier years, and I think they should somehow go back to that, Stephanie wasn't too fond of Taylor for a while after she ran down Darla right? I remember a scene where they were both trapped in a fire and Taylor confessed that she ran Darla down and as they were trying to escape Taylor was being hysterical and Stephanie screamed at her to SHUT UP! I thought that was hilarious even though it wasn't mean to be.

• Members

I thought AH's Babe and Amanda made for better enemies whereas AB's Babe and Amanda made for better fans. The friendship really didnt work for me when Alexa was around as I thought they made the makings for a great rivalry which the show seemed to start to build up but quickly backed down from. I liked the two characters as friends by the time Amanda took over. The dynamic was different by then

Archived