Friends who should have been enemies and vice versa?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS: Maggie and Marlena would have been much more fun if they'd been written as rivals. In Maggie's case, if she'd been written for consistently at all.

B&B: Jill and Esther verbally smack each other around, but what I wouldn't do for a catfight.

• Members

AMC: I never bought the friendship between Angie and Krystal. Angie never would've become friends with the woman who stole Bianca's baby. She might've tolerated her because of baby Jenny but I'm pretty sure that when she was alone with Tad, Angie would've called him out for thinking with his dick. I think Angie would've treated Krystal pretty much the way she treated Liza.

OLTL: I'm not sure if this counts but the whole John vs Todd (I'm not going to call him Victor) thing was so contrived. It's not that they would've become friends but OLTL went out of it's way to portray them as this sort of comic duo that hated each other even when they were on the same side. That didn't work for me. Frankly they always seemed like they were ten seconds from "accidentally" making out. (I'm pretty sure the only reason John slept with Blair is because it was the closest he could get to sleeping with Todd.) The Todd/Kevin and John/RJ rivalries were far more believable which of course could've led to some genuinely interesting John/Kevin, Todd/RJ, Kevin/RJ, Todd/John interaction.

• Members

I have never understood the idea of Phyllis and Lauren being friends.

The Vanessa/Lillian "friendship" which sometimes popped up on GL annoyed me, as Lillian was partially responsible for the death of Vanessa's best (and really, only) friend, Maureen.

I also had a lot of pauses with the Harley/Blake friendship.

• Members

wq9se.gif

Funny bc just the other day both women agreed that had they not been fighting over the same man all these years, they could have been friends.

Exactly! I never got why people found it so hard to believe that Angie wouldnt be hating on Krystal for something that she wasnt around for that was long over ago YEARS before she even met her. When Angie met Krystal, Krystal had already changed and morphed into the domesticated version AMC was pushing her as in the latter years and it made sense why Angie would gravitate towards her. Not only was Krystal Tad's wife and mother to his child, she was also instrumental in reuniting Angie with Jesse. Angie had no reason to hate her, especially for that latter reason. Comparing Angie's situation as a teen and how she looked upon Liza for the crap Liza did to her and Jesse doesnt make sense Krystal never did anything to her. Angie wasnt a callous judegmental b-tch for no reason. The people she had an issue with, gave her good reason to hate on them. Krystal did not.

• Members

snapback.pngCarlD2, on 14 July 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

I think it was Broderick who started this, but I agree that it was a terrible writing choice.

They were friends (for the most part) under Broderick. Carly was living with and confiding in Lisa before she married Hal. It went south when Carly married John, thinking she was pregnant with his child. Why Lisa was at that point romantically interested in John again escapes me---but I'd hardly call it "no reason" not to be friends.

It would have been nice to see Carly really have a friend. It grew misogynistic under Sheffer---Carly only got a "friend" if she was about to do something extremely stupid. Like screw them (if they were male) or screw whoever they were dating (females). Or trust them in spite of their criminal past so they could figuratively screw her over.

I'm surprised Kim never made more of an effort to be in Emily's life. She was Dan's daughter---arguably the love of her life---and she'd raised Em's sister Betsy.

• Members

I think it was the issues with Susan, although they seemed to phase out the Kim/Betsy relationship after Marland took over.

I never bought the Lily/Carly friendship. Lily was never someone who would have friends, and Carly never had the time.

Archived