Longest Running Consecutive Cast Members

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I figure if the person is let go with the general understanding that he/she will be back, then that's not a break. Tons of people have been temporarily replaced, including Kathryn Hays, Erika Slezak, Jeanne Cooper, Eileen Fulton, etc. Are we gonna start saying that Jeanne's current Y&R run began in December 2011?

• Members

Let's not forget Ray MacDonnell with 40 consecutive years at AMC! Ruth Warrick clocked 35 years on contract (until her death) but, except for that one appearance in 2005, only appered regularly on screen until 2002, I believe. Besides EIleen Herlie, other biggies on AMC (more than 15 consecutive years) are James Mitchell (31 years), David Canary (27-28 years), Julia Barr (24-25 years after she returned to the show and replaced her replacement, Harriet Hall in 81-82), Mary Fickett (25 years), Fran Heflin (24 years), Walt Willey (24 years, mostly on contract; he recurred for a hot second, I believe), Jill Larson (22 years, both contract & recurring), Michael E. Knight (19 years after he returned full time in 1992), Richard Shoberg (18 years), and Candace Earley (17 years). Did I miss anyone else?

Archived