Video games

DRW50

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

My favorite video game system would have to be Intellivision (Intelligent Television), and I would have to say that my four favorite games for the system would have to be Space Aramada, Astrosmash!, BurgerTime, and Lock n' Chase.

You have to love these George Plimpton commercials comparing Intellivision to Atari:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ABiMjXuXkI

• Members

There had long been a rumor that Atari had dumped many thousands of E.T. video game cartridges in a hole in the New Mexico desert back in 1983. (This particular game is notorious for being one of the industry's biggest failures.) Earlier this year, the site was excavated and the E.T. cartridges were indeed found (along with other games).

Although I don't think that E.T. is the worst game ever, this is a very funny review of the game:

• Members

Some of the music for the 80s video games is excellent.

I was one of the few who had a Sega Master System instead of the Nintendo Entertainment System.

Note that I got the above videos from the YouTube user World of Longplays, who has a huge collection of video games available for viewing on his channel.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

What am I doing right now? I'm listening to KCHAT, the radio station from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The whole thing is on YouTube. One of the funniest things to ever exist. The games get a lot of attention for their violence, but what people that never play the games don't know is the hilariously written talk radio stations. Absolute gold.

• Members

Thank you for understanding. I was going to post yesterday that I listened to VCPR as well.

From Jan about her eldest son: "I heard him using slang words in the house the other day. Rad and cool and stick it... I mean, I beat him to within an inch of his life, and he will never make that mistake again. American should be spoken properly!"

• Members

I'm listening to VCPR right now for the first time in at least 8-10 years, and it's all coming back to me. The voice actors on these things were FLAWLESS.

"I saw the hippies... What a load of claptrap!! What's your kid going to do at a school with a name like Moonbeam or Wave or Horseradish or whatever they call 'em? How can you take your kid to a little league game when you live in a communal farm growing drugs? It's awful! And that's what my life is about: Looking down on others!"

Archived