Y&R: June 2012 Discussion

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nikki's problem always has been that because she has two dimes above a nickel, that somehow makes her a "lady." But whose money is that, Nicole? It isn't as if you earned it climbing your way to the top of the fashion industry. Hell, you didn't even earn it stripping for those horny cowpokes down at the Bayou.

• Members

I think this is a great part of the character. The problem is when other characters are written the same way. Sharon is not Nikki. No matter how many pig in a poke dresses they put Sharon Case in, she is not Nikki. Clearly someone at Y&R believes that poor women who get money are all whores.

I'm also tired of hearing about how Nikki used to strip. The worst is when characters like Schmucker say this, although that hasn't happened since he lapsed into a coma a few years ago.

• Members

That's the thing....say what you will about Nikki (yes most of her money came from her divorce settlement from Victor) but she's never come across as dumb or vapid as Sharon does. With Nikki, one minute you root for her, the next you want to slap her because she can be such a snot (thought looking at old clips her nose isn't quite as stuck up in the air as it once was). They've been trying to push this "Sharon is the next Nikki" crap forever and it still doesn't fly.

I have always been, and I remain indifferent to Sharon (and I'm not watching a catfight over Victor). She's just kind of there, and most of her stories consist of people (often the Newmans) bailing her dumb ass out of trouble. I HATE the way that Nikki's relationship with Victor has been written for over a decade now so anything that has to do with him...I'll pass. Jack Smith was the only writer (aside from William Bell) that didn't make me want to vomit with his writing for Nikki where Victor was concerned.

• Members

So...I'm still behind. I just watched the episode with the Phyllis/Daisy confrontation, with Phyllis' miscarriage.

I have to say, it gave me chills watching Phyllis having the miscarriage. :(

I wish Daisy had helped her, but after the things Phyllis said to her ... I understand why she didn't.

• Members

Phyllis is the one character that I just love to see suffer mostly because the show has done everything possible to make her seem like this awesome sauce person, when we all know she isn't. I need to have her torn down because it's just too much to see her this happy and having everything even though she is probably one of the most despicable women on this show.

Archived