Y&R: June 2012 Discussion

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I once could stand Phyllis, hell I even rooted for her over ShareMe, but I haven't been feeling Staffords "acting" choices as of late...it's become rather over-the-top, and not in a good campy way, just loud, weird, and shrill. Her fight with Daisy was embaressing.

And I'm sorry, but yes she was going through a miscarriage, but SHE COULD HAVE REACHED THAT DAMN PHONE. She was acting like she was paralyzed, yet had no problem flailing all around on the floor rolleyes.gif .

Daisy didn't do crap to cause it, her acting like a mad woman did it for her.

• Members

I disagree that the show makes Phyllis seem like an awesome person. Look at all of the things she's done that are being dragged up. Look at how this whole "Daisy" thing blew up in her face. I love the writing for Phyllis because of this fact. They make her real. She has things that she loves and she has things that she hates and treats both accordingly. She may put the bad aside for awhile, but it always comes back out. I don't think that this issue has been avoided.

• Members

+1 I like that Phyllis has said several times that part of the reason why she hates Daisy is that Phyllis was just like her and did awful things. I hardly think Phyllis has skated or could be brought down more. She lost a baby, had her son marry his rapist, who she brought to town, is having her past brought back to the forefront by a weasel like Ricky, etc. What has been great about the story is that Phyllis has not made an excuses about her past bad behavior.

• Members

She's still the character we are supposed to feel sorry for though. It's as plain as day that we are supposed to see Daisy as the evil witch who is hurting poor innocent Phyllis. It's obvious that we are supposed to be rooting for her. Wasn't that the entire point with the pow wow between Micheal, Daniel and Nick yesterday? That Daisy is the big horrible evil and Phyllis is the super special ingenue who is supposed to be protected and have her honor maintained or some other garbage? I refuse to believe that. Especially considering everything this ho has done. I don't care that Stafford is a good actress - that doesn't change the fact that her character is despicable and is sickening to look at after all that she has done. She doesn't deserve any kind of happiness and I want her suffering every single day that she is on screen.

• Members

I definitely see what you're saying, and I agree to some extent. I don't hardly ever feel *sorry* for Phyllis. I simply love her as a character, and generally enjoy the story she creates. I also think that Stafford is a great actress, and have loved her for a long time!

• Members

Yup, the good (Phyllis) vs. evil (Daisy & Ricky) in this story is clear. I knew right away her pregnancy would be short-lived and that Daisy or Ricky would be the cause of her miscarriage or blamed for it. All this digging up of Phyllis' past won't amount to much either since the main focus is ridding GC of evil Daisy & Ricky and a lame ass impending whodunit. I don't actually hate Phyllis or need her suffering every single day but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for her or think she's better than Daisy and Ricky like she thinks she is.

So, thoughts on NuHeather anyone?

• Members

This writing is truly some of the worst I have seen. Nikki stops messing with Victor (sort of) and now goes to take a ride on that horse? then hits the roof demanding Whoreron leave the property? I know Nikki has been written as stupid before, but this garbage is just sad. very sad.

• Members

Today's episode was one of the better ones. I loved the SORAS trap. Michael talking about "Paul's miracle baby" and then Heather asking the year 1994 (the real year). I'm not criticizing Y&R because there's no way around it. (I'd rather have them use the real year.) It's hard to believe it was 17 and a half years ago. Now that's what I love about Y&R that they have actual secrets/history that we saw and can pull it. That's why the Philip crap really bothered me, especially when you contrast it to the real scene where Victor/Hope are told by a doctor that baby Adam could inherit his mother's illness.

Everyone knows I love the Phyllis character and MS - almost as much as Dru and VR. I've never considered either a "root for/victim" type of character. Christine - we were forced to root for. Phyllis never because she's always taken matters into her own hands (for better or worse). The Bug just let stuff happen to her. Same with Nikki, Sharon, etc.

Archived