Y&R: June 2012 Discussion

• Members

What I hate most about these deadbeat parent stories is that it doesn't matter what you do, you are a deadbeat (unless you're Victor). Nina's baby was stolen from her and when mushmouth showed up, they still painted her as a failure of a mother.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's ironic, as Phyllis became so popular due to her "Bug" hatred, that Ricky only seems to get interest if people hate Paul or Phyllis. That's a terrible way to write characters. I think they were also trying that with Daisy (if you hate Phyllis then you have to love her). Too little too late.

• Members

I do see alot of anti-Phyllis folks riding the Ricky train but that's not me. I like Ricky but that doesn't mean I hate Paul. I don't even hate Phyllis. I'm just sick of her. I'm also sick of the deadbeat parent story every vet gets when its time to plop their a-hole/bitch acting kid down in GC.

Along with Phyllis, I'm totally sick of Sharon. She looked like a silly hoe telling Victoria how she banged Billy before his wedding day to Chloe. Everyone knew about the much needed paternity test back then to determine who fathered Sharon's baby so Victoria and Victor acting shocked that those two had sex is crap. I hate plot point, amnesia drivel like this.

• Members

I loved the Phyllis flashbacks. It was also a reminder of the way Y&R used to be with "whispering" dialogue, which I HATED. MS does look great 18 years later.The Daisy thing has obviously fallen flat, but at least Phyllis is owning what she did and that what Daisy is doing is not that much different than what she did. As I said last week, one of the reasons MS has lasted so long is her ability to have chemistry (sexual or not) with a broad range of actors. I mean, seriously, how many Y&R actresses could have pulled off the Dr. Reid scenes? Can you imagine AH? (Envisioning that actually makes me want to burst out laughing!)

Deadbeat parents. Ugh! Of course, Paul is going to feel guilty. Doesn't anyone remember Mrs. Williams? Seriously, I believe the only person (other than Ricky) who is blaming Paul IS Paul. That seems like a perfectly natural thing for a parent to do. It's also consistent with Paul's character.

• Members

Stafford's best work was probably the poolhouse fire mystery back in 2002 and some strong stuff in '03 and '04. I wonder though if we'll also find out what really happened to Sasha too.

Y&R already did the deadbeat stuff before with Paul and Danny, and Sheffer did it on Days when he wrote Mike and Robin being abusive and neglectful to Jeremy and with Holden to some extent on ATWT.

Michael's comment about not being around for most of it was a reminder of where he was exactly back then--where are the flashbacks for him?

The Victoria/Billy/Victor/Sharon is beyond utterly pointless and not even worth my time.

• Members

Ricky vs Phyllis has actually brought me back into the show!!

I like his type of crazy. It's very reminiscent of All My Children's Janet when portrayed as Robin Mattson. The very creepy, sinister type, , it's not the in your face "I'm losing my mind" type of crazy like Kate Collin's version.

And to be honest, he really isn't even crazy yet...he is heading there, but right now he is just an entertaining bitch tongue.png

• Members

I think the guy is a lousy actor but he does have the vibe of being creepy about him and menacing unlike Daisy who just xomes across as a dumb ass. I won't say it's my fave story but it's had some buildup and they are using a wide range of characters as part of it. I actually kind of see the value of having Cricket back as part of this. It seems to work.

• Members

I don't mind PP. Most ppl forget that EL was pretty awful as well. I remember FF through weeks of her first scenes because: 1) it was a dumb s/l and 2) she was pretty awful. It wasn't until we realized why she came to town that my interest was piqued.

Archived