Big Brother 14: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Britney WAS a terrible coach, especially to Shane early on. She focused only on Willie week one and ignored Shane all week. But I think he was too dense to see that and I honestly believe he would evict her for as simple a reason as this was her second time playing.

With Britney I think her philosophy is once you have been lined up and slated for eviction you shouldn't do anything to save yourself because that is how she "plays." So even though she was ready for Dan to go and had an active hand it in, in her twisted mind she is the one who got betrayed. I hate how Chenbot and some viewers are giving her more respect as a gamer. Yes she was a more *active* gamer than she was in BB12 but her game was sloppy as hell throughout the summer, and when it counted she did nothing to try to save herself.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate how the Shane/Danielle "romance" was edited tonight. Why were they making it seem like Shane was into Danielle? rolleyes.gif Danielle never actually ended up sleeping in Shane's bed that night, Shane did all he could to make sure that DIDN'T happen. LOL.

What a boring season overall. I'm just not into it as much.

• Members

I disagree on both accounts -- I think tonight's long Danielle montage of being obsessed with Shane and the mocking music on tonight's show finally showed what a nomance it is. It reminded me of the way the editors used to mock Amber's ambition to be ANTM.

And I thought it was the best season since BB11. Not a classic but this group definitely entertained me more than the last two.

• Members

After the HoH comp they finally showed a little of how obsessed Danielle could be w/Shane but then later on in the ep they had that segment where Jenn was telling Dani that Shane referred to her as his "girlfriend." I was confused because we got no DR's from Shane on that. Dani was going on about how if Shane thinks of her as his GF, why hasn't he kissed her again, etc.

So I guess you could say they are showing more of her obsessed ways, but it still seems like they're portraying them as a budding showmance (in which Shane isn't showing his true feelings) as well because were not seeing much of Shane's side at all. He really faught hard that night not to have Dani sleep in his bed and they showed none of it. I find that annoying. LOL

• Members

Dan is a bastard, don't get me wrong, but they're totally editing to make him seem like a bigger villain than he is. For example, Frank went to Ian first trying to throw Dan under the bus BUT in the clip the show Dan going first. Also, putting up Frank immediately was Ian (and Britney's - and everybody's) idea but they make it seem like Dan masterminded it.

Shane and Dani. The thing IS when Dani starts ignoring him HE starts paying more attention to her and for someone who likes him a lot that can be confusing. He doesn't seem (hasn't seemed) genuinally interested in Dani or any other woman in the house as anything other than a good big brother.

• Members

Not really. Jessie did put him up the week he was HOH. He was the pawn. A few weeks later, Jessie was nominated. Dan was America's Player for that week and had to get Jessie nominated (not hard - he was nominated week after week) and evicted. He also had to tell Jessie a personal story and hug him for ten seconds. Jessie's eviction was what really changed the game in their season, because it set up a huge dividing line in the house and gave Dan the alliance he had to the end of the season.

This season has been very different in that there's never been a huge, set alliance. The closest has been Quack Pack.

The show this season has been much more interesting to read and see feed clips of than to watch on TV. It's too bad.

• Members

He gives Danielle very mixed signals, probably for game reasons. I don't care for it, but I dislike the edit on the show even more. They're not a couple and the show keeps implying they are. This is how desperate BB is for "showmance." Joe and Shane are more of a showmance at this point.

They did at least have the short scene where Frank told Joe that Dan might go up, but you're right, they did edit it to make Dan look like more of a bad guy and Frank believing it's a real alliance. Even if it made Dan look bad I'm glad they showed him saying he trusts no one. I also like hearing the Will Kirby music.

• Members

The power constantly shifts in this house; and if only most of the houseguests weren't so irritating maybe I could enjoy this season more. Otherwise, I just play the episode on the right side of my desktop and do other stuff while watching it.

Still, I hope Dan wins.

Archived