Big Brother 14: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Come on, you know I'm not saying there wasn't rigging that season for all the vets including Rachel. That duo-twist PoV was a game she had already won but despite that they couldn't rig a win. It was impossible to. The diary room tries to influence players since AG came on the show and they obviously created games that played to what the player were good at AT times. I'm just saying the extent people sometimes say it was rigged for Rachel IMO is over-exaggerated. Every season with AG is rigged to some extent including this one. That Pandora's box saved Jordan. Rachel wasn't the target after Brendon. Jeff was. Rachel was the pariah nobody thought had a chance of winning because of her personality and her mean goodbye messages. She was probably the last of her alliance that was going to get voted out for that reason. Brendon's return was more of a rig for Jeff than Rachel.

I will say creating games that played to the vets stronger areas from time to time was kin to giving them a free three weeks like this seasons vets, but only the games they could cheat on...

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it was Jeff, Rachel, Dani, Brenden, Jordan/Dick. Dick left. Dani was cut off when she dared to go against production and Saint Jeff. Jordan was their last pick cuz she had won and everyone knows she didnt really deserve it. It was between jeff and Rachel for a long time, then when Dani's girls got him out, the show was done, the winner had been picked and there was zero chance rachel wouldnt win - to the point that jury votes were bought, allegedly.

• Members

With all thus talk of rigging a certain player to win, people honestly believe that? Really why would Grodner care THAT much? I can understand as a producer for entertainment value to try and make it so that some of the more volatile people stay to provide drama which they can air on tv but I'm not sure that a clear winner is picked from the getgo

• Administrator

A clear winner isn't chosen from the get-go but Alison Grodner plays favorites, there's no doubt about it. I guarantee you Frank will be back again as a houseguest in the future, probably for the next All Stars.

Speaking of potential rigging, whenever there's a competition where we only see one player at a time, I'm very suspicious - like the 2nd HOH competition with Ian/Danielle. Ian won by having less time than Danielle - how do we know that for sure? Why not have a competition where we see who hits that bell first - like the puzzle comp during veto that Daneille won, or the magnetic puzzle that Ian won.

I also don't like the final HOH comp - guessing who said what. The final HOH comp should have better questions about the BB game and houseguests.

• Members
and he deserves to. If there was any new competitors that earned All Star satus it was Frank and Ian. Maybe Danielle too, but I feel this was too bad an experience for her to want to come back to it. I hated Frank in the house but he was an amazing competitor. I dont think I would be upset with him being considered for All Stars

• Administrator

Oh, I would love to see Frank again too in All Stars. He's an awesome competitor and doesn't have a nasty personality. I'm thinking he and Ian for sure will be in All Stars and if there was a 3rd person, it might be Shane.

• Members

Like I said, I do think all the vets got help from production and had an unfair advantage due to that. I also think AG goes for drama and sometimes creates comps to the other sides advantage too, even this season. Wasn't there a moment in Season 13 where it was clear Dani (who had joined the other side) got the heads up on a competition?

Now jury votes were bought? Jeff, Jordan, Brendon and Shelly voted for Rachel. The rest of them voted for Porsche. Jeff, Jordan and Brendon's vote did not need to be bought. They were an alliance. Rachel was probably the most loyal to her alliance. Shelly is a toss up. There's a good chance she voted for who she felt ultimately was the best player (plus wanted to make things up to Jeff and Jordan) or maybe she didn't.

Rachel went on to win competitions that were basically impossible to cheat on except for skewing and, again, what were the competitions supposed to be to skew to the newbies - sleep offs? We had Shelley, Porsche, Adam, Kalia and Rachel & Jordan left. Jordan was saved by a Pandora's twist, not Rachel.

Danielle voted out; Jeff voted out

Porsche wins HoH by throwing a ball in hole; she nominates Jordan and Rachel. AG reintroduces duo twist teaming up Jordan and Rachel. Rachel wins an endurance comp. She hangs on to "Brendon" longer than the others held on to their dummies (<-- pun intended); she removes herself and Jordan from the block. Shelly and Adam are put up. Shelly is voted out

Rachel wins a physical HoH, going through sticky goop to pile donuts on a stick. Rachel nominates Kalia and Porsche; Adam wins OTEV PoV after being inspired by a visit from Tori Spelling; He doesn't use veto. Kalia is voted out.

Adam (who was swinging from power to power) wins HoH; the competition is Q&A - remembering what the Fortune Teller said. Adam nominates Porsche and Jordan. Porsche wins Juke Box PoV (puzzle); Rachel replaces Porsche on the block. Jordan is voted out.

Adam, Porsche and Rachel are final 3. As with every final HoH - there's two physical comps. Winner of first one (butter spinner), Rachel, has to sit out second physical comp. Porsche wins second competition (water tank). Rachel wins Final HoH by winning Quiz and takes the player that probably could beat her in the Final due to a bitter jury.

Entertainment Weekly's write-up of the finale...

• Members

I see no reason why he should be in All Stars, even though he probably will be. He was boring. He was dumb. He was horribly sanctimonious. He also drained life out of the house when he had power.

I think he's someone the producers love and kept pushing him on the public. Finally the show gave up, or Dan forced them to give up, and they moved on to Ian.

Dan really saved their asses this season.

• Members

He's going to be on All-Stars because AG clearly loves him and the statistics she assisted him in getting (the save after his eviction) are impressive. If he doesn't win an AS she'll give him America's Vote like she did this season.

I love Dan for getting rid of Frank and turning the game on its ear but I do think Ian really deserved the win. He wasn't some floater, he was probably the second best player in a season with a lot of gamers. If he hadn't turned on Boogie, this house would have been in a different position. Dan's losing disgrace was he was being a lying manipulator with no conscience up through the last jury question and his speech. I loved him through most of the season and that turned even me off.

Dani really was the third best player this season of the newbies. She was ultimately the best social player despite online-viewer repsonse to her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The BB drama has kept on rolling even with the cameras off, with some bizarre controversy over Danielle's bag up on ebay being given inflated bids by people who hate her, and the ongoing "relationship" with Danielle and Shane, complete with very bitter interviews about how Dan "stole" Shane's money, and Danielle insisting she really did have cancer surgery (she suddenly claimed in the house that she was going to have to have chemo and radiation for scar tissue in one of her breasts). This was followed by photos of her bowling 48 hours after her cancer surgery.

Watch Dan's face when someone calls in about this.

Oh, the video's unlisted. I forgot. So I'll take it off. If anyone wants to see it PM me.

Archived