Big Brother 14: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I am beyond thrilled Ian won. He deserved it. Honestly, the final two were two of the best players in the house. They played all aspects of the game, comps, socoal, relationships. Both did some backstabbing to get there, as is needed. The difference is Ian also played to win Jury, Dan didnt. He thought he could get beat anyone playing the same game he did in his season, but he couldnt because unlike memphis, Ian played a damn good game too. He had big moves himself. He also gave one of the best to jury speeches this game has ever seen, and Dan one of the worst. Dan was still putting on an show and Ian never did. Thats what set them apart and thats why Ian rightfully won.

Americas Favorite.. while likely rigged for Frank, also inst unbelievable. It was only ever between him, janelle and brit. Janelle & Brit likely split the vote, and Frank came up the middle.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm happy Ian won. Dan got too evil for me in the end and that's coming from a big Dan defender. Your social game ultimately has to be bad for you to lose 6 to 1. It would have been 7 to 0 if Dani hadn't been misted for life. Ian got the wins when he needed them and played a better social game. He also made big moves. Dan was a great evil mastermind with a fantastic foot soldier in Dani.

Frank's win was a total rig.

• Members

I think his social game was fine in the house. He had to do more backstabbing than Ian, because he lost most of the competitions. He also gave terrible answers to the jury.

He had no relationship with most of the jury but Britney. He gave a good jury speech but benefited from Dan's conflict with the jury.

He's probably the most delusional winner I can remember. He knew little of what went on in the house. He thinks the game was for friendship.

• Members

He had to backstab more because he made an alliance with everyone and anyone week to week. Thats bad gameplay, esp when most of the time he didnt need to.

Ian had no relationship with Ashley? Frank? Jen? You are kidding right? Brit was always going to vote for him against anyone. Frank was going to vote for anyone but Dan. Ian is more likeable and less cocky and entitled than Dan. That, combined with giving great answers to jury and playing a damn good game is why he won. This is prob the most happy I have seen the BB audience react to a winner since Dan won his season. Great ending to a so-so season.

Friendship, people liking you - thats how you win. You have to stab people in the back to get the end, you have be liked to win to get their vote - or hated less than the other person.

Exactly.

• Members

No. He threw himself at Ashley and then backed away when she clearly wasn't interested. He rarely spent time with Jenn and angered her because of his comments about 9/11. Frank always saw him as a brat and they were only close when Boogie was around.

Ian won in spite of this. He thinks he made the Quack Pack and they're all going to be his friends for life. They wanted him out the last half of the game. If he hadn't won competitions he would have gone weeks ago.

Mostly because the show edited him as being cute and sweet. None of his controversial comments were shown, especially his issues with women.

His backyard interview after he won seemed arrogant. For someone who was supposed to be a fan he takes it personally, even when he won.

• Members

He and Ashley were good when she left. You clearly didnt see the feeds and didnt get the full picture by reading updates because Jen and he were also fine after that little, seriously tiny and short lasting, tiff. Frank really liked Ian, despite being annoyed by him at times. Brit loved him. Joe liked him, esp compared to Dan. Ian figure all of this days ago and knew he would win against dan, practically down to the vote.

He did make the quack pack, and Brit will be his friend, likely for life. Most people coming out of this though think their relationships are life lasting. This is nothing new to the game or specific to Ian. Its common, not only on BB but on all reality shows like it.

Ian is cute, and sweet. Is he picture perfect under the microscope of thousands of people watching him 24/7 on a live feed? Absolutely not. His controversial comments were few and far between and his only issue with women is he has no idea how to act around ones he has feelings for, and he tried hard to prove he was a big man like shane and frank. He didnt get a great edit or anything, he got the edit he deserved - who he is. Dan and Frank and Dani all got good - no great edits. Brittany got a bad edit. Editing played big role but in the case of Ian it wasnt much of a factor as it was basically who he was. Im surprised they never included him talking about his social issues and all that stuff, because he did talk about it, not a lot, but it was mentioned. If they wanted to give him some grand sympathy edit, that would have been used much more.

He was arragont in the end, and in the BY interviews. He just won more money he has ever seen in his life and he did beating a BB legend. Id be a cocky bitch too. Plus, he really did have the best read on all of these people. He knew exactly what most of them would do and was right 99% of the time.

And honestly, im surprised you like Dan so much given how treats others: the bullying, the misogyny, his cocky attitude. All things you dislike and point out about people you hate. Its actually been interesting to see how many former big Dan fans turned on him by the end of this season.

• Members

I didn't see any bullying. He played mind games with Danielle (who also played them), and he got short with Ian a few times.

If people turned against Dan I'd say they did because they didn't pay attention to who he was in BB10. He was the same this time around, just more arrogant.

He and Jenn got along cordially but her attitude in the house and in interviews wasn't positive. I think she mostly went based on the speech and on Dan winning before. That's what she said after the finale. Joe only liked him at the very end. Ian hated Joe and even tried to get people to bully Joe.

I don't remember Frank ever liking Ian.

Showing Dan say "I'll rip your face off" to Ian without mentioning that Ian had said the same to him before isn't a great edit.

• Members

One bad line is about the only bad thing they showed. Dan bulied and intimidated Ian, who has some social issues to put it mildly, severely multiple times. He was very controlling and demeaning to Danielle, who clearly has mental issues. He is not a good person and he does not treat people well, at least not inside the house.

Shes awesome.

• Members

Absolutely, he was. He has been playing for second this whole time. The only chance he stood was against Brit, Janelle or Boogie and he made sure all exited. He played a very stupid game and an awful social game. Furthermore, planning to go with Ian was even dumber because he had everyone beat, no matter who he was against.

Pretty sure Ian had other "real" moves. Pairing up secretly with brit, betraying Frank/Boogie because he knew he was going to be cut by them - but making them think he was on their side, for example. Mending any broken fences before people left (Ash, Jenn, Joe, Frank), winning quite a few comps (7? 8?). He played the damn game and he knew taking Dan would ensure he won by a landslide, as he did - rightfully so.

Dan pulled big shows and always put on a show. getting Brit out was basically his only big move. He did cut Shane, but he had no option because he wouldnt have got to second, the only spot he was playing for since getting Brit out.

Archived