Big Brother 14: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Once Jenn left Dan had no other options. Going with Shane and Danielle would have been a ticket out at 3.

A win is a win. I just think Ian sees himself as the best player ever and now I feel as if he mostly was smart in his final two choice, not anything else.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He had a ton of options pre jen, he also could have worked to get shane or dani out without the blood on his hands to go with the other one. it doesnt matter, no coach stood a chance against a newbie, except maybe brit. He sealed his fate in getting brit out instead of having frank get ian out.

As for a win being a win, Ian won a lo more than dan did. And being smart in your final two? Welcome to the ONLY way to win the game.

And again, that final speech means a lot. Ian KILLED it and Dan basically handed the win to Ian because he was still so fake and putting on such a show in the moment where you have to let that all go and be real, honest, and blunt. He was like a used car salesman trying to sell a lemon.

Speaking of the jury, it was great watching dan go from that cocky expression at the start to fidgeting, being awkwardly uncomfortable, and knowing he lost.

• Members

Ian had veto that week.

I wasn't talking about the competitions. I meant Ian won, which is what really matters. The rest of his game was mediocre but will be forgotten because he won.

I saw that mostly as Dan being bad at speeches (not unusual for Dan) and Ian yelling a lot and no one caring because they already had their mind made up. Only Jenn mentioned the speech as a partial reason for voting for Ian. His being so incredibly naive about the game probably would have hurt him otherwise.

• Members

I always forget about that useless veto, cuz we all know BB wouldnt let him use it. It was met for Frank and Ian messed up their plan.

Dan was bad at that speech because he was cocky as [!@#$%^&*] going into the finale against Ian and completely got lost when he realized he didnt have this already won. He kept trying to talk over Ian because he knew Ian was winning. It was sad, and pathetic. Ian shouted? When? Dan was never going to win Frank or Brit, but the rest there was a fair shot.

I also loved watching Brit watch Ian win. SHe was so happy and giddy, she really almost couldnt contain herself. Dan would have had her vote too if he had been up against anyone else.

• Members

Britney said a ketchup bottle would have beaten Dan, and that she was the only one who might have voted for him. I take that to mean he had no chance.

I thought Ian was offputting in that final segment. They also let him interrupt while Julie wouldn't let Dan interrupt.

Ian just seems like a heartwarm winner to me, more than one who had the chance to really play.

• Members

Dan would have likely lost, but he stood zero chance next to ian - because he played one of the worst social games in the history of this show, next to Rachel who at least kept an alliance so she had enough jury votes to win (even if the game was handed to her - and it was). You cant win the game when everyone is jury hates you because your a shitty person as opposed to played an amazing game. You cant stab every single person in the back and expect them to win. He had Brit there fighting him - but only if he wasnt against Ian. Ian had every single person in this game beat and he knew it, but Dan is where he would have won in a landslide. The game is not a physical one, it isnt a game show, this is a social show. You have got to have social game to win.

• Members

I don't think most of the jury hated him. I'd say only Frank and Shane hated him. Ashley was a big loser who had no personality beyond fake hippie and was clearly only interested in screwing Frank once she was in jury. She was just a generic juror. Joe preferred Ian but seemed fine with Dan in his interviews after the finale. Jenn didn't hate him. Britney didn't hate him.

Dan had won before and this was a season where most of the people on the jury had said they wouldn't vote for a returning player. Dan's only chance would be if he'd managed to keep Janelle and Boogie. Janelle played a shockingly bad game and Boogie spent the entire season in Frank's colon.

• Members

IA that Dan had no chance against Ian. Both were amazing gameplayers but Ian has the benefit of being more likeable. Dan had a better shot at someone who wasnt unlikeable or wasnt much of a gameplayer.

In the end though I think he accomplished his goal. I think realistically he knew he'd be playing for second place and he went into the end sticking with the people most likely to take him to F2, not necesarily the ones he knew he could definetly beat

• Administrator

Ian created the Quack Pack? In terms of the alliance? That's not what I saw on TV. I saw Britney/Dan bringing Ian into the alliance. Then Ian just created the name of the alliance.

I can see that. I think that's why he chose Ian/Danielle over Shane/everyone else. $50,000 is pretty good for a returning player who already won. He's the only person who can say he made it to the finals twice.

• Members

Britney more than anyone created it. She, Shane, Dan & Dani had an alliance (That they sort of fell into, nobody there actively made an alliance). She sold them on Ian and brought him in. They were nothing without Ian tho, everyone else in there was disposable. He was the one who brought back the intel (usually, at first anyways, only to brit). Ian did name them and made the final 5 deal with them, S/D/D basically thought it was final 4 with Brit and were not aware she planned on final 2 with Ian. Also i am pretty sure Ian & brit discussed it before taking Ian to the rest.

For someone who was playing for second he looked PISSED as he realized he had no shot of beating Ian. He also on the feeds, talking to the camera, i believe said he wanted to go to finals with Ian because he could beat him and not Dani. I am not totally sure tho because i pay little attention the final week.

• Members

I think Shane named them.

The intel became useless after a short time, which is why they began asking him to start winning competitions and stop hiding. It took Britney snapping at him to finally make him agree.

Ian mostly wanted to look like a leader and cool and they placated him.

• Administrator

Great (because it's pro-Dan lol:) recap of the finale:

'Big Brother' season finale recap: The Most Deadliest

I forgot to talk about the first part of the HOH comp which was another display of Dan's evil genius. He got them both to throw the comp to him! That was amazing to watch and you never see that happening!

I love that poker reference!

Yup, I can see that happening too since they all liked Ian.

I can't say enough good things about this season. It was really like watching a great story from beginning to end, where

good triumphs over evil, but man, was it ever fun to watch evil do its work. Dan, the Big Brother player, is one of the greatest villains I've ever seen. I put him up there with Darth Vader, The Joker, Lex Luthor, Michael Corleone.

• Members

Not with this again wink.png (Rant On) *Eye roll* It's not like she got three free weeks like Dan, Boogie, Janelle and Britney. It's not like she was un-evicted like Frank. The worst fixing she got was they made a PoV that she had a good shot of winning but that there was no way they could rig beyond that. Jordan got a save due to the duo twist re-introduction. Were the final HoH competitions supposed to be "who can sleep and eat the most?" to suit her competition? (Rant Off)

Ian decided to turn on his coach and give intel on his coach to what would become the other side due to his intel. He does have a point about the QP when you look at it that way. He effectively changed the game by doing that and ended any hope for the coaches. The coaches + Frank would have rolled over everybody if it wasn't for that. He took out some important players because he wanted to. He won HoH's when he needed to, he won PoV's when he needed to. Ian beat Dan on a completely social and game level last night minus any of the last 3 HoH competitions. Dan was coming off as a lying manipulator the whole night, as if he couldn't stop, while Ian used it against him masterfully. Ian gave a great final speech. He deserved that win.

Dan was a magnificent puppet master, he used people well but you make a lot of enemies when you use people constantly.

• Members

Oh yes, The Great Rachel who had absolutely ZERO rigging and production interference to save her. She fought hard and did it all on her own! Just like Frank this season. Just like Jeff/Jordan in their season. Please. BB made sure Rachel or Jeff won and always was going to. The comps were tailored to them, when the first person of their quartet got evicted, BB made sure to bring Brenden back (and dont tell me that didnt help Rachel), as the season went on it got worse and worse and much more obvious. Rachel is great competitor, and i wouldnt mind her winning a season except it was rigged for her to win. Thats annoying. It would have been the same if Frank had won this season. The pandors box duo twist was done 1000000% to ensure she would stay longer.

PLEASE let next season be all newbies.

Archived