DAYS: Actress Quits

• Members

One of the most underrated actresses in Daytime.

Her playing secondary to Tracey Ross (an ok actress but nowhere near Amelia's league) on Passions was ridiculous.

Her sex appeal isn't the reason she's made to wear wigs.

But that's another conversation. :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why I am shocked that she is on Contract. I thought her coming back last was in a recurring capacity. If anything, James Reynolds should be shaking in his boots because it was his air time that was hardest hit in her absence. IMO, the serial killer took down the right Carver in the first go around.

• Members

I think James Reynolds is safe for now. They're bringing on Lexie's new brother who will probably look out for him. I won't be surprised if he's dropped to recurring though.

I'm sure Beverley Todd will be great, but oh man how I wish it were Tanya Boyd sharing those last scenes with Renee Jones.

• Members

I'm actually shocked by this. I always thought Lexie/RJ would be one of those people who would be at Days until the end. It's easy to forget how long she's been on the show, as for half the time, Lexie has done nada. It's a shame that TPTB have over looked her potential for so long.

Is it wishful thinking to hope that they de-cast Celeste and manage by some miracle to bring Tanya Boyd back for Lexie's/RJ's final scenes? It just seems so wrong for Lexie to leave and TB not to be playing Celeste after all these years.

Good luck to RJ in whatever she does, and wherever she ends up.

• Members

It is so unfortunate that Tanya could not come home to usher Renee off. I hope still get flashbacks despite the recast. Especially since I doubt the Celeste character is going to be a critical character downstream, and this recast is probably a one time thing.

• Members

I'm wondering how much of RJ's retirement from acting is due to the fact that she's been relegated for so long and she just said f*ck it. It's not as if she was even being used so where does the "burnout" come from? I can certainly understand when not even a paycheck is worth showing up to a job that couldn't care less about you. I thought her final scenes would be months from now but she already taped her final scenes. Talk about quick.

• Members

DAYS tapes many months in advance, it's an Achilles heel of their production model, so her scenes will air months from now, won't be surprised if they air in June or July. Renee's contract hasn't yet fully expired, so she likely utilized one of her 13 week cycle "outs" in her contract, so timing will always seem tight.

• Members

It sound like just the opposite. She doesn't want to be in the front burner, she doesn't even want to be on recurring. She didn't even ask if the show could write her out a few months for vacation, she wanted out and never wants to act again it seems. It's not even like she wants to go do a different soap or even if every soap lined up to offer her any role at any price she would say yes. I bet she was grateful she always had a light workload and if she hadn't she probably would have left a long time ago,

• Members

I guess Renee has been the real winner in all this. With a contract, she shows up and gives her 5 lines of the week.. then she is back to her regular life. Even when she is on, she does not have the difficult pages of monologue required of other actors. I guess for the last decade, she has been the one laughing all the way back to the bank.

Archived