DAYS: Actress Quits

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really sad to see Renee go and Lexie dying. But in interviews for the last 2 years or so Renee has said several times that she enjoys her time off and she just doesn't have the same passion for acting anymore. I applaud her decision. Soaps are filled with actors who look bored and tired year after year and just go in for the paychecks.

I'm glad Renee had some say in Lexie's exit but I don't trust MarDar at all. We better get Stefano involved. Sucks that Tanya Boyd couldn't come back for this.

Renee is one of the most underrated and underappreciated actresses in all of Daytime. I will miss her.

• Members

She sound like she will be doing cartwheels out the door. Good for her. However this makes me sad...

I hate seeing her lose the love of the craft. Obviously soap acting isn't what she wants but I hope she finds her way to doing the occasional theatre or guest TV gig.

• Members

Good for her! Not many actors are smart enough to save their money. Sounds like she knows the kind of life she would like to lead, and she's leaving in a way that's respectful to the show and fans. Looks like it'll be a touching exit, at least. Good luck, Renee!

• Members

Did they not know about this until recently? They were setting up a story about Lexie being estranged from Abe and working with EJ. That was very abruptly ended.

If they knew about her thinking of leaving I wonder why they started that story.

• Members

Please. After the stupid island, NOBODY dies on DAYS. Death is the ultimate soap cliche on DAYS. I'll be skipping this story, since we know it will be undone in a couple of years either with the big return or recast. On side note, wish RJ best of luck.

• Members

Wow...I will miss RJ. She's a great actress, and I know that she will be amazing as Lexie comes closer and closer to death. It sucks that we are losing her, but I know that she and James will more than bring it in their scenes.

They probably found out her plans to leave mid-story and had to scrap it to start her exit storyline.

Archived