DAYS: Actress Quits

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Co-sign. I will miss Lexie terribly -- she was a shining star on the show despite writers' best efforts to forget she even existed -- and I'm sure Joe Mascolo, James Reynolds will, too. But if acting is giving Renee no happiness, kudos to her for searching and finding elsewhere. Maybe her calling is something else. She needs to heed that call.

• Members

Yes, how very smart of her to save her money. I love this. To her, it was a job. She wasn't looking to be famous. She realizes that this job isn't fulfilling her needs in life anymore, and she's saved enough to keep her afloat in the years ahead. She was so underutilized and under-appreciated. She was a great talent and did amazing working during the babyswitch years. And how old is she? Because she ages like fine wine! I'll miss her, but it sounds like she's in a happy place in life, and has no regrets. Maybe she'll return as a ghost or something of that nature when the eventual time comes that DAYS goes off the air.

• Members

People like her and Marcy Walker are a little puzzling to me. Actors always say they had to go into acting that it was a real calling. If you just wanted money there are a lot of easier roads to travel. I understand soap acting is not the most satisfying acting there is, but it seems odd they grow tired of it with such ferocity. Even with all their hundreds of millions, top A list actors continue to act because acting is what they do. And then B list actors when the movie roles dry up still want to act and turn up on TV. Good luck to her with whatever it is she wants to do.

Archived