DAYS: Actress Quits

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wonder why they didn't ask her before starting what would have been a fairly long or complex story. I'm not sure what goes on with these decisions.

I'm sorry she is leaving. I kind of wish she'd stayed until the end, as that is probably only a year or two away, but then, a lot can happen in a year or two, so I can see why she decided to go. At least she will go out with some great material.

• Members

If she was under contract who knows if she voiced her feelings to anyone. She's always been a private person.it could be she was waiting to see if the new regime brought anything fresh or new. From the sounds of it she's just not motivated anymore. Better to leave like this than to stay around a job you really have no enthusiasm for. Too bad more actors on soaps today don't do that.

• Members

This makes me really sad since I've always held a smidgen of hope DAYS would finally wake up and utilize her talents to the fullest but it was never going to happen. The way they've used her was criminal and I if she thinks they did "everything" there is to do with Lexie when in reality she's always been languishing on the backburner throughout her entire tenure on the show then more power to her. Damn, she really shone as a Dimera. It was the one and only thing DAYS ever did right with her character and that was over ten years ago. Such a shame.

After what, two/three unbelievable firings? I wish her nothing but the best. The cynic in me thinks she knew she was going to be fired again and just wanted to be done with it. DAYS has shown her zero respect.

I'll miss her. I'll defintely watch the babyswitch saga again in memory of her rocking the hell out of that storyline.

• Members

Mixed emotions over this news. Sad that Lexie is leaving the canvas and that Renee Jones never got to reclaim the glory she had when Lexie went bad to the bone.

At the same time, delighted for Renee Jones that she got to leave on her own terms and that she's looking forward to her new life and that she has the money to do it. Honestly, I so appreciate it when an actor says that they saved their money and can go forward without worry, it takes discipline to do that and I applaud her.

She has given many of us a lot of joy, so I wish Renee only the best because she's a class act and a hell of an actress. I only hope her next act is a great one!

Archived