DAYS: Actress Quits

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently she's the longest running African-American actress on daytime (I think that's inaccurate though because the woman playing Susan, Loretta Long, on Sesame Street has been on longer). It's sad that she has exactly one good story to show from it.

Only TT and TR look it. TLW could pass for late 30s/early 40s. My mom's in her early 60s and could pass for her late 40s/early 50s. Thank god for melanin.

• Members

I'm not sure why having a passion or calling for something makes one immune to burnout. Heck Steve jobs if I recall got pushed out and burnt out at Apple the first time he left and he certainly had a passion for what he was doing. I also think an A or B lister who has their choices of jobs to take is a lot more flexible than soap acting is today and even with that primetime actors tire of their jobs and leave also. Look at Marg Helgenburger at CSI or Chris Meloni who left Law and Order this past season

• Members

Personally I think that passion makes you more susceptible to burnout. When you are doing something for love and you end up at the mercy of people who are doing it for business you either move on, burnout or go crazy. I think we can all think of examples of soap actors that have done each.

• Members

Didn't she get fired no less than twice from DAYS within a few years? It's weird that she came back when they offered her either of those times if she's so ready to move on. Regardless, best of luck to her! I agree, it takes a lot of respect and courage to leave when you're not giving it your all - something many actors in daytime should do.

• Members

At least she knows when to fold it up and not just continue on without any inspiration to do so, a lot of actors don't know when to do that. It's good to see that some actors have a level head in the business. I am looking for to seeing Stefano and EJ react to Lexie passing, it could be really good viewing if it's written good and hopefully the writers do that.

I don't watch GH, but I've seen clips of Maurice Benard and he always seems to have an expression that's like, "This is some B.S." or "I really don't give a s***". It's best to save your money wisely, so you can bolt when you want to.

Archived