GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ron has managed to accomplish something that Guza never has - make me mildly interested in Sam McCall. He actually realized that Sam's permanent residence under Jasus' nutsack is a minus and not a plus for that character and actually has the nerve to introduce the possibility of a Jasus-less Sam.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Members

If I saw this great personality change in Sam then I would be happy, but she is still a broken, depressed person. And that is what she will be no matter what, because that's RC's only way of writing a woman, besides bad drag queen imitation.

• Members

Guza wrote her as about ten different things. Victim, bitch, psycho, etc.

She still seems stuck in victim mode to me.

Did they have a personality when they were with John?

Blair - clingy, needy, desperate. Dumped like an old shoe.

Marty - clingy, needy, desperate. Dumped like an old shoe.

Natalie - clingy, needy, desperate. Dumped like several old shoes.

Evangeline may have been different, I don't know. I wasn't watching at the time.

• Members

To me they were the same as Sam is with Jason - they put up with endless crap because they lived their lives for John. The only difference so far is that they would each become "crazy" or "bad", and do insane things, again, to keep John. Then he would pout at them as punishment and they would be tossed aside while he found another woman to save.

• Members

Bravo. I think for me Marty was the worst but all you need to do is look and see how Natalie was with Jared vs John. John is as emotionally distant if not more so than Jackass Jason. It's why to me Sam is still as dull and comatose with John as she is with Jason. She had a totally different energy with Lucky and not the cry baby Lucky.

Archived