GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to ask - did this genuine concern consist of a throwaway line or were there a few conversations that actually showed us that Luke actually cared enough about being a father?

I ask because I'd like to know if Ron is serious about undoing the years of damage that Guza had done to Luke as a character or is he just giving him a line or two as a way to get viewers to like Luke Spencer again....

• Members

The online discussions seem the same as always to me - endless talk about Sonny, Carly, and Jason. The only OLTL character who has had a big discussion is John, and that's mostly about Jason/Sam.

The main talk has been about the hilarity of Connie.

I do think when Todd returns he will probably get some reaction, but for now the show mostly seems the same.

To me this story just makes Carly look worse, because she's a 40+ year old mother and businesswoman (allegedly) who is squabbling over her mobster boyfriends.

I am glad Luke has changed, whether it's addressed in the writing or not, but I hope they won't have him in Carly scenes again for a while.

• Members

Johnny took advantage of her. He knew Kate was mentally unstable and he had sex with her anyway in order to get revenge on Sonny. Connie wanted it and pursued him by offering him the means to get that revenge, which he took advantage of. She didnt blackmail him into doing anything

Jason to Sam: "Dont turn this around on me" Really? What the F is wrong with him? Why is he being such a biggidy bitch? This is the worst writing Ive seen for him in years. Get the F over yourself

And RC needs to stop with these stupid scenes of John and Sam talking about how they know each other from a past life as well as the vampire references to him. He was on PC with her. We GET IT. It might have been cute the first time but weeks later and we are still hearing this crap. Move the F on already

• Members

Connie threatened to blackmail Johnny into doing it by telling people he attacked her. He agreed to have sex with her before it happened. I think it was a crappy line, but at least they allowed Johnny to say he took advantage of her.

• Members

Jesus Christ!!!!

Johnny: What the hell was that?

Connie: Well, it was this. "Johnny! No!" [Laughs] Now, if you were Sonny, what would you think -- that I was super turned on and trying hard to resist you or that I was begging you not to hurt me? Hmm.

Johnny: Wow, you are even crazier than I thought.

Connie: I am perfectly sane. Kate's the one that has a freakin' death wish. Yeah. You know, in about, uh, oh, 10 minutes, Sonny's gonna be walking through that door, and what he finds is completely up to you, Johnny. Is he gonna catch us in the sack or me screaming that you attacked me?

Johnny: And how is Sonny seeing that I've attacked you gonna make him break up with you -- or Kate?

Connie: Well, it won't, because you'll be dead or permanently disfigured and you won't be able to tell him what I'm up to.

Johnny: Oh. You think threatening my life makes you more appealing?

Connie: Hey, well, yeah, it gives me a little more time to find someone else for Sonny to catch me in bed with. So -- I think that, uh, door number 1's a better option. What do you think? Mm. [Grunts]

• Members

I can't even count up at this point how many different ways this writer has gone out of his way to blur lines on sexual assault and find as many different ways as possible to show that rape isn't actually rape. I guess we're supposed to laugh at Connie and think she's crying rape and that's hilarious and fun and shocking, and oh look, another woman who is lying about rape/confused about rape, just like Marty and Jessica?

• Members

Not to me. It is a huge improvement from last year because I saw more characters that I actually cared about that were entertaining me. I'll also add that the characters that I normally don't care about (bootleg-Kate-turned-Connie, Sam) are actually capturing my attention - no easy feat. That is what I expect and Cartini have been consistent in delivering that to me. When Todd comes back next month, I will continue to enjoy the new and improved GH.

• Members

I know McTavish has a huge, partly deserved reputation for how she uses rape, but while offensive in its own right, it was never at the weird level RC uses it. It might have worked pre the Luke and Laura era when rape was more of a grey area. To try to get away with that now just seems reprehensible. I guess what makes me more annoyed too, and this isn't RC's fault to be fair, is how much of the soap press praised him for tackling modern issues in a way that apparently soaps hadn't done in a while. Wha?

I do find it definitely more watchable. So I agree in some respect, but that's only watchable on a daily basis because the episodes go by quickly.

Archived